cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS User <SID>ADM profile not loading in Windows 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We have installed Netweaver 7.o EHp1 BI 7.01 on windows 2008, MS SQL 2008 .

After few days, we are not able to login with the SIDADM user. The error getting is "User profile cannot be loaded"

'The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified."

We did a domain installation and so the user is a domain user too.

Since this user cannot be loaded , we have problems with transports , becasue few environment variables are related with this user name(dbms-type etc) . So stms transports not running and outputs error.

Kindly advise how I can make this user logging in .

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nibu Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread !

Edited by: Nibu Antony on Apr 12, 2010 10:18 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logon as administrator and check if the profile on c:\users is available.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Markus .

I could see the directory C:/users/<SIDADM> .

Could you please let know where exactly the Profile file exist.

Also please let me know whether I can add the Environment variables

dbms_type,DIR_LIBRARY,MSSQL_SERVER,MSSQL_DBNAME as system environment variables(Not as user variable) so that I

can resolve the issue on transports atleast.

Regards,

Nibu Antony

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Could you please let know where exactly the Profile file exist.

The profile is a registry hive under HKEY_USERS.

> Also please let me know whether I can add the Environment variables

>

> dbms_type,DIR_LIBRARY,MSSQL_SERVER,MSSQL_DBNAME as system environment variables(Not as user variable) so that I

> can resolve the issue on transports atleast.

Note that the SAP system doesn't run in <sid>adm context but in the context of the user SAPService<SID>.

Was that user maybe (by accident) deleted from the domain and recreated?

I'd open an OSS call and let the support have a look on the system. The "clean" way would be to take a database backup and reinstall the system as homogeneous system copy.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

No..this user was not at all deleted or recreated..we didnt touch any user names at all..

Please let me know if there any issues , if I put all those environment varibles as SYSTEM Variables rather than userVariables.

So that I think the transport issue can be closed.

Regards,

NIbu Antony

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> No..this user was not at all deleted or recreated..we didnt touch any user names at all..

Ok.

> Please let me know if there any issues , if I put all those environment varibles as SYSTEM Variables rather than userVariables.

It may or may not work - if the user is not able to logon properly and if the user doesn't have the right policies/rights, you can try though.

> So that I think the transport issue can be closed.

I'd rather fix the root cause, not the symptom.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have got the solution .

No need of any homogenius system copy, its purely an OS related issue . I asked my OS admin/Active directory admin to look at the issue . They found there was a Duplicate profile with the same name as temp (SID was same for both), and hence there was a Security Issue in logging in.Upon removal of the temp profile, we were able to login.

Better, let such issues handle by OS expert or Active directory admins.

So issue resolved , I am able to login now with SIDADM, and I restarted OS and so my transports are working as normal .

Thanks all for the support !

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Abuzar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

All SAP system in my company is running on windows 2003. ( SAP version is ERP 6.0 NW 7.0 SR2)

our domain is going to upgrade to 2008 server R2. only domain not sap server OS.

and Exchange will be upgraded to 2010.

Please tell me after upgrading domain to win 2008R2 and exchange to 2010 will it affect my SAP system, like printing from sap, emailing from SAP etc.

Now Scenario number 2:-

can we upgrade OS of our sap system , windows 2003 server to windows 2008 R2.

SAP system is ERP 6.0 NW 7.0 SR2.

Thanks.