cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Service interfaces from SAP PI Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am wondering is it possible to publish service interfaces from ESR in to repository? If so am I able to publish even outboud service interfaces along with inbound service interfaces? As in my ESR for Inbound I am unable to publish services in to Service registry... any reason? I want to get the concept behind it.

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The outbound web service invocation doesn't work like that. Refer to the guide below, see the section regarding developing a Web Service Consumer:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06b6392-cde7-2c10-8f8b-bdea5d781dd9?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

You have the option of using SAP PI or not using PI for outbound Sync or Async Web Service calls. If you use PI then you would still need to generate the Consumer Proxy in the back-end & from there proceed with the SOAMANAGER route.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to add on what Phillip [aka The Wise One ] said...

The SAP Services Registry is UDDI compliant so you can publish both Inbound & Outbound webservices there. You would just configure your endpoints accordingly. The SR would serve as a discovery & classification utility for your webservices.

Naturally, all of this would come after you work out why you can't publish your inbound services from the ESR to the SR.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I didnt configured any configurations on SR ... I want to publish services from ESR in to SR.. Later once I publish I will configure the end points..I am able to publish inbound but not outbound services... I can see the button Publish but its disable... where as for inbound I am able to publish....

Is it so?? Please comment..

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please be a bit more specific when you say you are not able to publish from ESR to SR? Have you completed the necessary config for the service registry?

In the ESR on the WSDL tab you are able publish services to the service registry but this would only be a design time WSDL without bindings.