cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI-BO connectivity Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am facing one issue while creating BO Universe in the universe designer in the BO XI R2 version.

I am able to load the cubes and queries in to the universe creation wizard. But once I create the universe on a BI query, I am not able to edit the universe (creating the classes and object to the universe created on the BI query).

Note: i have made the following setting in BI like export Datasources and Allow External Access to this Query .In BO I have imported the necessary roles from the BI system.

I was just wondering that is this option available in BO XI R2 version if yes how can i deploy the same.

Appreciate if you could share your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Anish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The object editor and iinsert menu options are disabled in XIR2.

However you can change any object definition (without using aditor) and you can also use copy and paste to cretae new objetcs.

Buts as XIR2 is limited and does not offer all enhancements we added in XI 3., I recommend that you upgrade into version XI3.1 that offers all new features and improvements such as:

<li>True support of SAP variables included keydates

<li>Creation of custom filters and parameters in universes

<li>Creation of universe calculated measures

<li>Universe synchronization with BEx queries deifinition (universe refresh)

<li>Enhancd List of Values

<li>Enhanced prompts

<li>etc

Regards

Didier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anish,

Can you correct me,

When we are using query as datsource and connecting to universe,you were saying

1)export the data source

2)allow external access

I know the 2nd point but how do we export the datasource and can you tell me what are the settings we are suppose to do ,When we use CUBE as datsource.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi

the user you use to access to SAP BW should have the authorization to access indeed the InfoCube. Please keep in mind that building universes direct on InfoCubes is not considered to be a best practice.

I would recommend to take a look at the required authorizations described in the installation guide:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001646962008E/xi3-1_bip_sap_install_en.pdf

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi

as far as I know editing an SAP BW universe (eg. adding/modifying filters and adding calculated figures) is supported in XI 3.0 and upwards.

Regards,

Stratos