cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Solaris to AIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to migrate from Solaris to AIX. What document will help me to follow?

If possible send me exact link.

Our current environment is R/3 4.6c, Oracle 9.2.3 and Solaris 5.9

Please let me know as quickly as possible.

Thank-you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are planning to migrate from Solaris to AIX. What document will help me to follow?

Start with

http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

--> FAQ

where you will see, that you need a certified migration consultant on-site to do that migration.

> Our current environment is R/3 4.6c, Oracle 9.2.3 and Solaris 5.9

since that version is out of support for a long time there are no more official migration guides available, that must be covered by consulting. Technically it will be done by R3SETUP with DBMIG.R3S as parameter file.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Sooner or later client will be going to upgrade ECC6. Mean while they are planning to migrate to AIX. I dont know why they are doing.

Can you please let me know the steps involved in it?

What software can be downloaded to perform migration? And what is the exact link?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can you please let me know the steps involved in it?

Did you actually have a look on the link I posted?

> What software can be downloaded to perform migration? And what is the exact link?

4.6c did not deliver a migration kit by default. If you do the migration on your own without the certified consultant and without SAP being involved you will loose support for problems during the migration and for the resulting target system.

There is not direct link to documentation or software since for that release a migration kit needs to be ordered.

Markus