cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am facing strange problem while submitting request.

Out of 5 request submitted 1 gets the message PATH NOT FOUND.

Although we had the workflow designed on paper before configuring,it requires me to do some modifications with Initiator,CAD,Stage settings.(Stage,path remaining the same)

Apart from configuration what else needs to be checked to avoid such errors.

Are there any tricks or recommendaions to address such behaviours?

Best regards,

charu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Charukesh,

You might want to double-check your initiator logic, as a lot of customers make mistakes when first designing their first workflows.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ankur mentioned, first thing you want to check is the initiator logic. That is where the request gets routed. As soon as you have right initiator logic, paths connected to those initiators and stages connected to those paths, you won't see this error. If you still need help, you may have to explain us the details of all the initiator logic and also the details of request when you receive the error.

Regards,

Alpesh

crg_grc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ankur and Alpesh.

I understand the significance of initiator and have kept it simple.The only attribute assosiated is request type.

Also one more problem i frequently face while creating request is Error : 500 Connection time out.

How do I address this issue.

Do i need to do any performance optimisation.

Best regards,

charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charu,

Have you turned on risk analysis on request submission? This may cause the connection to time out. You can check this setting at configuration -> risk analysis -> Risk Analysis on request submission. If this is 'Yes' then due to the amount of data it can create connection issues.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Charu,

If you are receiving a timeout after you submit your request, then please check Alpesh's recommendations.

If you are receivng it while creating a request, then please follow the steps below:

You can set the timeout setting via these steps in the Visual Administrator.

Visual Admin --> Global Configuration --> Select Server tab à Select Services --> go to HTTP provider --> you will find the u201CServletsLongDataTransferTimeoutu201D setting. That setting controls the timeout in the application.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

crg_grc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh.

Yes,we are analyzing and even mitigating Risks at Manager Stage.

However sometimes the manager needs to do the Risk Analysis twice before taking further actions.

Hi Ankur,

I guess increasing the timeout settings will solve this problem,I have recommended the same to our basis team.

I hope it has no major impact on other features.

Thanks for your continuous support.

Best regards,

Charu

Answers (0)