cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show toolbar in HCM P&F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have request to show toolbar in PDF form that is currently defaulted as hide. As currently SAP always hide the toolbar as default. I already told user to use F8 but they still request to show as default. Please suggest some othere solutions that can show by either javascript of some coding.

Thanks a lot!!!,

Regards,

Visut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, following web development standards, it is always best to NOT try to control the environment from within your application. That should be left to the user's own preferences and settings. That's why it is now commonly frowned upon to have web pages that attempt to hide browser toolbars and such. For Adobe, there are scripts possible to do it as well, but again, its not a good practice to do that (especially if you place such scripts all around your forms and those scripts are later not supported).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Could you please suggest what we can do to always show toolbar to the user? Now we got feedback from our key user to request so. I understand that you can communicate to them to press F8. But it is not so common to let every user know. I believe it should be better to have some channels to let us select either in script or in backend.

Thanks and Regards,

Visut

PaulOSullivan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You could try to do the opposite of this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/2dbb13d79f3446e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

or try this.....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/df/fbcc3aa8cd4e8d9e0e9a226985687c/frameset.htm

Hope this helps, Paul

Edited by: Paul O'Sullivan on Jul 9, 2010 6:28 PM

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is controlled by the end user. Whatever they had it set to in their last session, it will continue to do.....much like their browser settings. This always astounds me when users make these requests....and it happens a LOT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This is the standard coding that SAP always HIDE toolbar. In previous version, toolbars is always displayed and we can add script to hide toolbar. But now when toolbar is always hide, user cannot find how to print the form. They need to always press F8 to show toolbar. And for sure, it is not remember that you want to show toolbar. You need to press F8 everytime you want to show toolbar.

Are there any script to show toolbar?

Thanks and Regards,

Visut

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Web Dynpro in your forms ? If yes then search for Hide Adobe Toolbar threads @ SCN and do exactly opposite of it.

Also as per my understanding SAP does not hide Adobe Toolbar by default, the end user must have disabled it at his/her side.

Chintan