cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize on Item type list values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

During the 'create item' process in xRPM 4.0, after having selected the correct bucket value, you have to select the applicable item type to the item at hand.

Currently we have a requirement to strip one item type out of these list values within the item type selection step. Say we have item type A, B, and C configured in the system, and we actually do not want item type C to be available (i.e. visisble) for selection during the creation of an item.

Does anyone of you know if it is possible to filter out item type C? And if you know, can you give my an idea of what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Wilco.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Wilco,

With the standard code it is not possible to filter the un-used Item Types.

However, you can explore the RFC /RPM/GET_VALUE_HELP and create an implicit enhancement at the end of the function, where you can check if the input object type is 'RIH' ( Item) and in et_value_help table, field name is ITEM_TYPE. You can alter the contents of the value table for the field.

Hope this psuedo logic will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Piyusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Badi: /RPM/EX_PORTFOLIO_BADI > ON_SAVE_REQUESTED

Put your validation in above method.

Im nt sure if it will work for Item.

Check if its avbl in PPM 4.0

its there in 4.5

Niranjan

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Feb 9, 2010 12:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilco,

Is using authorizations to filter this an option for you? I don't have a system to check, but I presume there would be an authorization object that can be used for this.

Cheers,

Lashan