cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3 SP10: Query Data Mart Tables using MS Access ODBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a ODBC-connection from MS Access on my computer to the GRC AC 5.3 SP10 Data Mart Tables according to the Guide "Data Mart Reporting with SAP BusinessObjects Access Control 5.3".

Now I want to start a query on e.g. DM Table GRC_DM_CC_MGMTTOT to get information on the AC RAR Management Reports.

1. In Access I create a new DB

2. File -> External data -> Link Tables: ALL Oracle Table of the connected Oracle GRC Table are listed.

3. When I select table GRC_DM_CC_MGMTTOT to be linked to my new DB Access starts to link to a lot of tables like TSTAT_, TT2C_ and TTEC_* in the Oracle DB! Are these links really required to query table GRC_DM_CC_MGMTTOT?

This connection attempts make my computer busy for a very long time so I have to end Access using the Task Manager.

Does anybody has some experience with connecting MS Access to the Data Mart tables? Unfortunately we have no license for Crystal Reports so we need to get this running MS Access.

Thanks and regards,

Markus

Edited by: Markus Richter on Feb 5, 2010 4:06 PM

Edited by: Markus Richter on Feb 5, 2010 4:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus,

Please ensure you are using the correct ODBC driver with your Oracle data base. You can verify that with your DBA. I have successfully connected SQL Server, MaxDB and Oracle DB's to MS Access.

In addition, if there is a significant amount of data in the data mart table, it takes MS Access a long time to download that data. E.g. for the GRC_DM_SOD_ACT table in my internal system, it took about 10 hrs to download to Access.

Please feel free to ping me if you have any specific questions regarding the Data Mart.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG