cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order as attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We have a solution in place where the sales order confirmations are currently being sent as attachment to the customers whenever the order is saved, but now the customer would like to have the same PDF to be attached to the sales order to download it from the transaction VA03 from "Service of Objects".

This needs an archiving of Sales Order, can someone advise me how can this be achieved.

BR,

KP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This does not requires archiving of sales order but it requires document archiving configuration.

All the PDF formate of order confirmation can be archived and attached to relevent sales order with help of Document archiving configuration.

In your case Late archiving is carried out and geniric object service can be used to attach the pdf form to sale order.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks for your advise, but can you give me a document to do the configuration for document archiving or the steps how it need to be performed, this is new topic to me and appreciate your assistance to proceed further on this roadblock.

BR,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below are the configuration required for attaching Order confirmation to Sales order:

1. Create a document type in transaction - OAC2 and assign document class as PDF

2. Assign Object type, Link table, Content reposiotry for your document type in transaction OAC3

You should use object type as VBAK,

Link Table TOA01 (note you can also use TOA02 or TOA03)

Content repository should be created and connected to Archive server before you do OAC3 configuration.

Creation of content repository is carried out in transaction - OAC0: below are the value should customized for connecting to Archive server.

Prerequisities of creation of content repository - Archive server (such as IXOS, DOCUMENTUM, EASY, so on) should be present.

I would advice you to raise a request to your basis team to create new content repository.

In your subsequent message pointing to Krishna - Automatic archiving of order confirmation once it is saved.

Once you save the document it will not be archive automatically but once you excute output with parameter Print and Archive then there requires Archive configuration. Below are the configuration for this requirment:

1. Create Document type and assign document class as ALF

2. Assign Object type, Link table, Content reposiotry for your document type in transaction OAC3

Object type = SOOD

Link Table = TOADL

Content Repository = Define and assign (As explained above)

Link Entry should be marked as = X

Hope this will answer your question.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks a lot for the excellent step by step explanation. May i ask you how can i perform this step in your explanation.

1. Create Document type and assign document class as ALF

Thanks again

BR,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KP,

You have to use OAC2 for creating document type and assigning it to document class ALF.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

Why do we need to choose document class "ALF" we need to have the "PDF" available as attachment to the order in VA03, so don't you think we need to select the document class "PDF" instead of "ALF" ?

Thanks again.

BR

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are having 2 requirement:

1. Attach the order confirmation PDF format to your sales order. For this you have to follow 1st step of my 2 posting. For this requirement we have to use PDF as document class.

2. Automatic archive your document when user run output. We call this as Printlist archiving. So for this you have to follow 2nd step of 2 posting. So for printlist archiving we use ALF document class.

Considering various business scenario's, ideally automation of order confimation attachment to sales order is not possible.

There could be more than on order confimation for a sales order, Each order confimation can have a multiple sales order and so on....

Hope this answers your question.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Feb 8, 2010 2:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thanks for your reply once again.

We have a business scenario where customer will create the sales order and the moment it is saved it will send out the order confirmation document in pdf format to the customer's (Sold-to-Party's) email address automatically with the help of the configured output. Now, we want the same pdf to be available as attachment to the Sales Order display or change transaction.

So, to my understanding from your proposal can we do both the steps at the same time ? because the output type will have the Order Type in it and that one only has to be used for archiving in the OAC3 transaction.

Sorry for asking you the detailed questions, but thanks a lot for your patience and help.

BR,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello KP,

You have to check with ABAP development for the fisibility of making this automated.

When you say that mail will be sent to customer with attachment then all the outgoing mails will be stored in SAP tables SOC3, SOOD, SOFM, SOFFPHIO, SOFFLOIO and physical attachment will be stored in SOFFCONT1 table unless if Archive server is configured then check if attachment is going to extenal server.

I have mentioned table information because it will be useful for Custom report development for automation.

For manually attaching this PDF then below is the simple approach.

Save the order confimation PDF attachment on desktop and goto change or display mode of sales order and attach this pdf document using GOS.

Note: configuration that i mentioned in my earlier posting should be done before this.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,this can be done on user basis.

Goto the T.Code "SU01".

Key in the "User name".Change.

Click on "Parameters" tab.

Maintain the parameter "SD_SWU_ACTIVE" with value as "X".

Save.

If you do this the icon for attachment will be opened in your sales document in VA02/VA03 screens.Not in "VA01" screen.

Goto the T.Code "VA02/VA03".Enter the order number.Enter.

Click on the icon which is beside "Change Order XXXXX".

Click on "Create-->Create attachment".

Here you can attach an attachment for your order.

If your customer wants to download then add the same parameter for your customer's user id too.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Thanks and i was able to perform this step and see the "Service for Objects" button on the transaction VA02/VA03, so what could be the next step so archive the documents automatically when we save the document. I had also performed change in the NACE transaction to my output type to "Print & Archive". But, i believe there is a need to perform some configuration to archive the document automatically, do you have any input for me here pl..

BR,

KP