cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Mandatory field in HCM P & F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are facing and issue in HCM P & F, we have made a radio button as mandatory using the Configuration and it is working fine in development system but the same is not working in our Quality system and the reason for this we recently upgraded our development system with HR Support pack but we cannot upgrade the Quality and Production system as there are some issues with the Upgrade, but the client wants the mandatory radio button on the form, so to achieve this we found some relevant notes(mentioned below) from SAP, but while applying these notes directly in Quality system it is giving an error that the method "CHECK_MANDATORY_FIELDS" is not available in the system, i am not able to find the note which would bring this method, Please advice .

Note 1239961 - Error message for Required fields configured from DTT

Note 1299216 - Consider UI attributes at field level

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Enhancement Pack / support stack are you currently using in each system? Either way, seems like you have two options. Why don't you just check the value in a generic service or write some logic on the form to check for a value?

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for your advice. I think if we write a script on the form to check this, the system will still allow the person to move to the next step of sending the form for approval, the best approach would be writing a generic service and throw an error message from back-end. But since the requirements are freezed at this stage I am not in a position to create a new service, any ways we have convinced the customer and the service packs would be moving soon to Quality and Production systems.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you might get better answers to this in the HCM forum , as this problem is related to the application not to the interactive form. I recommend to open a thread there.

Best regards,

Dezso