cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed BAPI Call / How to limit the retry process ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a File --> XI --> RFC senario where a BAPI is called in the R/3. It's a customer written BAPI, which creates a Batch Input session, when an error occurs during execution. When the execution of the BAPI fails, the XI try to send the data to the BAPI four times, until it set's the status to system error. After that I have 4 Batch Input session for the same record. How can I limit the retry process on the XI, so that the BAPI Call is directly set to system error ? The error handling, will then be performed on the R/3 directly using the batch input sessio.

Does somebody have an idea where I can find this parameter to adjust this ?

Thanks

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try setting the parameter in sxmb_adm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this...

Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

many thanks, that's the parameter I was looking for ...

Florian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why does bapi execution fail?Instead RFC has to be able enough to catch the error but should not hamper the execution or dump..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BAPI fails, because there are error in the data which should be stored by the BAPI ...

In the message monitor I can see that the system tries so resend the RFC 3 time. My question is how can I stop that resending process ??

Thanks

Florian