cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement that , In SRM 7.0 , suppose if the work item goes to the inbox of 'A' and 'B' . Once the approver 'A' approves the workitem it get automatically disapperaed in the inbox of approver 'B'. My requirement is once 'A' approvers the work item, then the workitem in the inbox of approver 'B' should not get disapperaed until he too approves . any ideas please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

So cant we do the parallel approval in process controlled workflow?? You mean to say that if we take 'Item based decision for the entire document we will not get Parallel approval step i.e; approval mandatory by both the person???

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Parallel approval in Process-Controlled Workflow may come in future Enhancement Package.

How does parallel approval important in your business? Is it nice to have or mandatory? I know some customers ask it in sales phase but they never use it in production system.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain your business side requirements. Most of customers have financial/purchasing approval table based on price amount. Consultant should configure the rule in the system.

Please note "2 step sequential approval" and "parallel approval by 2 approvers" are technically different.

Item based approval is also possible. For examples, Approver A approves item 1 and 3 and approver B approves item 2,4,5.

If your business requirement is "parallel approval by 2 approvers", you should use parallel approval workflow template in Application-Controlled Workflow.

Regards,

Masa