cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between SRM and Record Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!!!

I need integrate srm with record management and i haven't any information about this.

I'he found that SRM is integrated with case management instead of record management and in the S_AREA_CMG exits a special service providers for integrate SRM and Record Management like /SAPPSPRO/SP_RECORD (Record for SRM and R/3 Purchasing Documents) or /SAPPSPRO/SP_SRM_PO (Service provider for Purchase Orders from SRM).

But i don't have idea how work this SP for SRM. I would like that you send me any information about this and could answer me some questions:

1. Could the procurement records (/SAPPSPRO/SP_RECORD) create expecial records and have to be associated to any record model?

2. In the RMS_ID= S_CMG_DEMO i could see this kind of record but when i try to create one it doesn't work (don't show the option "Create"), Why?

3. Should I created a normal record and insert the procurement record in it?

4. In the RMS_ID= S_CMG_DEMO i could see a expecial documents "Business documents" and they have SP special for SRM (for example /SAPPSPRO/SP_SRM_CTR for SRM contract. Are this "Business documents" like the business objects in record management? In my record, could i insert a SRM contract using this kind of document in a node?

Please i need you !!!!!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SRM procurement scenario, the execution happens from SRM side only. RM is updated by SRM. At any point of time, RM objects can be viewed for content. The content creation happens via SRM only.

thanks & regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya,

I'm conscient that the procurement documents like PO are created in SRM. But, in record management have to be created the records associated to the procurement documents.

And my question is that in the s_area_cmg exist a type of service provider for link SRM documents in RM and i don't know if i have to customizing something in RM for connect and navegate to SRM since RM.

Thanks for your help and i hope you tell me something or send me a link for customizing this.

Best regards,

Maria

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM integration possible values

object type : bus 2201

Object category :?

Object Aspect : ?

Object element type

Record element type

element anchor ?

Also possible values in SM 30

Semantic classification / content repository id ( two digit) . Can we skip this step ?

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

someone......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi For srm 7.0 PPS integration with RM what are the possible input values .

In SRM Is it mandatory to set values in SM30 SAPPSSRM/SEMCLS if so waht will be the values .

IN SRM integration with other sap components what are the possible values for perameters of the object ?

same way in RM sm30 /sappspro/semald is it mandatory to fill if so what will be the possible values

also in RM create content model is a mandatory steop or can we skip this .

Portal config steps and input values ?

Your help will be hgily appreciable.

Thanks

SD

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

PPS & RM need to be in different boxes. The processing of RM is done via RFC calls( as you have mentioned). I think, there are some delivered demo record models from SRM side for this integration so you can try by just activating the integration which would probably mean creation of RFCs in SRM to point to RM system & completion of relevant customizing steps in SRM side to connect to RM. I believe, you should be able to execute demos with this up & running. For more specific requirements in terms of structuring of record etc, you can create your own models etc & then modify the customizing to make use of them. But you need to take care of the fact that if you wish to add/work with more objects than the integration already provides for(say adding a new BO other than standard PO etc which PPS already does as part of integration) then you may need to write some code in SRM side to enable the same.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible & you dont need to do anything. When SRM creates records in RM & adds objects to it then double-clicking each any object in the record structure in RM screen will open up the object for you as in the original SRM screen. If you need to navigate back to a specific transaction screen in SRM then that is not possible with the records as created & managed through SRM. For that, you will probably need to attach the transaction to the record in RM transaction(there is a service provider in RM for that). Once done, double-clicking on that transaction will open up.

thanks & regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya, hi people,

i am trying to connect SRM to the RM-System of the Backend an could need some help.

A documentation, which i have says:

"SAP Records Management is part of SAP NetWeaver. To use SAP Records Management for SAP

SRM, you must use an SAP ERP system (minimum SAP ERP 6.0). SAP does not support that you use

the SAP Records Management that is located in the SAP SRM system."

My question is:

Is that true? Do i really have to use the Records Management System in the Backend.

This would mean, that i dont have to customize the record model and the record in the SRM --> RM Customizing?

Is that right? Why provides SRM it's own RM-System ?

My plan is:

1. Doing the relevant customizing steps in the SRM System regarding the RM Integration.

2. Customize/Develop the record model, the records and the service provider in the backend.

3. Activate the RM Integration.

After that srm should create an record via RFC call?

Thank you!

Regards Thomas

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some more info

Note 1261459 - SRM Records Management Integration cannot be activated

You cannot activate SRM Records Management Integration.

If you execute the activity "Activate Integration with SAP Records Management" in the Implementation Guide (IMG), this terminates with the error message "No SAP ERP 2005/2005s system found".

To access this activity in the IMG choose:

SAP Implementation Guide

-> SAP Supplier Relationship Management

-> SRM Server

-> Cross-Application Basic Settings

-> Integration with Other SAP Components

-> Integration with SAP Records Management

-> Activate Integration with SAP Records Management