cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help for Function Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are creating an application in which we require the user to enter Function Group Name, the related type bound to mapped context attribute is AREA.

We have searched in the system but couldn't find any Function Module which returns list of all function groups.

can anyone help here.

Regards

Manas Dua

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you look in SE80, the object navigator uses the function module REPOSITORY_INFO_SYSTEM_F4. However this isn't really a reusable function module for Web Dynpro since it screens built into it. I suppose you could pick through here and just see where it looks up the Function Group Names from. But there is a lot of processing in that function module.

I did a SQL trace while doing the value help in SE80 and found that table TLIBG contains the Function Groups. The texts are stored in TLIBT. If you just need a value help for the Function Groups you could probably build a DDic Search Help of your own against these tables easier than working with the dynamic SAP logic of the above mentioned function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

in your mentioned function module I found another func module named as Repository_info_system for which we can supress the UI. I'll try to build a search help around that.

But now comes the second prob - as the list of the function groups will be very large I'll have to design a search help taking package or owner as a input.

But the mentioned table TLIBG doesn't have package name, seems like to code a search help following way -

find all func groups

filter them based on package

Tough time ahead

Anyways thanks for help..

Manas Dua

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>find all func groups

>filter them based on package

>Tough time ahead

It doesn't have to be tough. Perhaps if you need package as well, you should shift to use (or do a join with) table TADIR. Search with PGMID = R3TR and OBJECT = FUGR and you will receive the results of all Function Groups and their Package assignment (Column DEVCLASS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnks, its solved.

Created an OVS search help with 2 input params - Package Name and Function Group.

using function module REPOSITORY_INFO_SYSTEM_SET to fech the function group name.

and before calling this storing the package name in Memory Object by usign the statement

ds_rxxadir-sign = 'I'.
        ds_rxxadir-option = 'EQ'.
        ds_rxxadir-low = <ls_query_params>-package_name.
        APPEND ds_rxxadir TO dt_rxxadir.

EXPORT rxxadir FROM dt_rxxadir  TO MEMORY ID '%RANGES_DEVCLASS'.

Regards

Manas Dua