cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in WBS element Status in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I reopen the WBS element from closed to release status? If yes how it again will be update to BI system?

Kindly help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your BI colleague to refresh the system. Depending on what data you are looking at, you will see the update as soon as the BI is refreshed.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The data from SAP tables is extracted to BI using extractors. These can be done for the whole data or for the delta data changed since the last extraction run.

In some BI installations delta upload is used but the extractor is run only once a month as BI is used for month end reporting

If you update the delta changes in SAP on a daily basis this will reflect in BI next day and so on ......

So once you have changed the status in ERP, run the BI upload, updated ODS in BI refreshed your cube, then the query will show the latest data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for your answer. After revert back from Closed to Release state the current state is not updating in BI side. The upload runs daily. I want to know which table is used for BI update for system state.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JCDS :Change Documents for System/User Statuses (Table JEST)

Please check this one. Normally you have to pass OBJNR of WBS to this table and get the status.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body tell me how to see actual system status for WBS element. In JEST table there are 15 entries how i will find which one is exact system status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I´m sorry I missed the BI part...I have no knowledge on that side. Maybe other experts my assist here.

Regarding JEST: An object can have more than one current status. You can filter out those status from JEST that are inactive

(field INACT) and those that are user status (code starting with 'E' in field STAT).

In order to identify the status codes with their names and description you may check table TJ02T.

Unfortunately there is no other more direct way to check this in tables.

Hope this helps and sorry again for the missunderstandin

Rgds

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your quick reply. But I want to know how I will update this in BI side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just select the WBS element and perform Edit > Status > Close > Undo

If the WBS element returns to status TECO instead of REL, just pefrom the same steps to undo status TECO (Technical CLose)

Rgds

Martina