Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document while doing Post Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is like this.

1. Sales order1 is created.

2. Delivery document created; PGI (post goods issue) is done. Here the movement type is 601.

I want to get back the material (equipment) for some reason; I want to check the material for its condition. If there is any damage, I have to charge the customer. So, the material will be received to Return stock by return sales order with reference to the first sales order1 (Movement type 651); then will be sent to Quality (Movement type 457); if it is not damaged will be sent to unrestricted stock (Movement type 321) by transaction code MB1B.

When I am doing the PGI, the accounting document is created; the Inventory account is credited and COGS (Cost of goods sold) is debited.

When I am doing PGR (Post Goods Receipt), the accounting document is not created (Movement type 651).

I have created a new u2018Schedule line categoryu2019 (YL) for the return process with the movement type 651.

I want to get an accounting document while doing PGR. The inventory account is to be debited; the COGS is to be credited.

Can I get the accounting document by changing the movement type in Schedule line category u2018YLu2019?

Please guide me in this regard.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I get the accounting document by changing the movement type in 
Schedule line category u2018YLu2019?

Yes in your schedule line category if the movement type is not 651 then an accounting doc will be created

For movement type 651 there wont be any accounting document

In returns (651M.Type) If a returns delivery exists, the return should be posted in the Sales (SD-SLS) component, not in the Inventory Management component.

Depending on how Customizing for Sales is configured (the movement type is configured in the step Define Schedule Line Category), the delivery is posted to the following stock:

- Blocked stock returns (non-valuated, not unrestricted-use) (movement type 651)

- Unrestricted-use stock (movement type 653)

- Quality inspection stock (movement type 655)

- Blocked stock (movement type 657)

If the given quantity is posted to blocked stock returns first, you can make a manual goods movement posting in the Inventory Management component to transfer the quantity to valuated stock.

So, when the goods arrives in so called "Block stock returns" it is not your property, it belongs to the customer (the ownership has not changed) - it is not valuated. Whiles you post the goods to your own (plant) stock by 653/655/657 it becomes your property that's why it is valuated and material document will be created

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting the accounting document when I removed the movement type 651from the schedule line category 'YL'. I think I have to enter a suitable movement type in the scheduling agreement. Your reply is solicited.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I set the movement type 655 in the scheduling agreement 'YL' to bring back the stock directly to the Quality; now the accounting document is created. Thanks for your reply. I close this thread.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Answers (0)