SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-Utilities functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can someone please let me know of any document availability on SAP forums or SAP site which outlines the functionalities of SAP IS-Utilities. Basically, we need it for a pre-sales demonstration to convince the client to go for SAP IS-Utilities.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks and regards,

Zubair

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to give you some idea:

various SAP ECC system application used in ISU are:

>Plant Maintenance (PM)

>Customer Service (CS)

>Sales and Distribution (SD)

>Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA)

>SAP Business Workflow

You can use the Plant Maintenance (PM), Customer Service (CS) and Sales and Distribution (SD) SAP ECC application components to bill service orders, service contracts, services, and the sale of goods. Due to the large number of postings from billing and budget billing requests, these are posted in a subledger in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA).

SAP Utilities uses SAP Business Workflow to automate the processing of its many business processes. Common workflows include initial creation of a service connection and the disconnection of devices.

For any details about ISU go to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/c6/4dce68eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

It will be very helpful for you.

Mark thread as answered if you get satisfactory reply.

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Forgot to mention, the Business functionalities comprising SAP-ISU are:

>Marketing

>Sales Statistics

>Sales (CRM)

>Energy Data Management (EDM)

>Utilities Master Data

>Sales Master Data (CRM)

>Waste Management

>Deregulation (IDE)

>Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

I think all the information that you can need for a demo of ISU you can find it in http://service.sap.com/utilities, there you have a product information space where you can find wide information and description of the functionality, if you need more techincal details go to help.sap.com/ industries/utilities and look for release notes and technical information and even all RKT could help you in your doubts how to deal with the system.

I hope this information can help you,

Best Regards,

VR