cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising for FMEA type in ECC 6.00 EPH4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have upgraded our system from 4.7 to ECC6.00, knowing about the functionality of adopting FMEA, i searched in this forum for the same. I could not get a document which explains the entire steps with the t.code and customising node for creating the functions of FMEA.

Request our forum friends to provide a document which contains the entire steps of adopting FMEA, Audit functionality and Control plan.

When we create a FMEA using transaction code QM_FMEA, system asks for FMEA type -> but none of the type is available and also i am not able to create new types.

Experts kindly guide me in this regard.

Regards,

M.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Thank you for your very useful information. When we try to activate the OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS using the SPRO transaction, I get the information "No Activation necessary" . I could not understand the reason for this message, can you kindly help me understand the reason for this message. Moreover we have only done the technical upgrade, will i be able to adopt the enhanced functions with only the technical upgrade or will i able to adopt it only after the functional upgrade.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

M.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Also check that Business extension EA-PLM is active or not.

SPRO->Activate Business Function->Enterprise_Extensions.

If it is active then you need to check the OPS_QM_Extensions business function activation.

Please go through the below document by SAP from page 17.May this clear your problem.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001005992008E

I am not sure whether these functionalities we can use with technical upgrade or not but i think it should work.

Cheers,

Tushar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

Thank you for your excellent guidance which helped me to solve my problem. I have awarded full points for your efforts. One more help from you ,kindly can you help me in providing the steps to the following?

1) How to make system calculalate RPN number

2) How to assign the detection method etc.,

Regards,

M.Magesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think first to have these functionalities in the system you need to get the QM business extension activated.

To activate the business extension you can go through the SPRO->Activate business function->enterprise business functions.

There you can see the OPS_QM_Extensions ,if it is not activated you will not have the links for FMEA.So get it activated first.For more information on EHP4 & the customization of FMEA go thru the below links.

hope this will help.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000698636&;

http://help.sap.com/ERP2005_EHP_03/helpdata/EN/c8/5454eeb30346288f56932ee1e0a2a0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03_sp/helpdata/en/45/ca6af7f5e94ebae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sami,

You can see the EPH by using System-> Status -> component version, here if for SAP_APPL the release is 604 then it means you are in EPH4 of ECC6.00.

Moreover have you done only the technical upgrade or both upgrades, the t.code QPCP should be displayed, i could not understand why this is so?

Experts may throw light.

Note :- Kindly do not introduce a new question in the already posted question, create a new question for your problem.

Regards,

M.M

0 Kudos

Hi I did spro setup for business functions, plm-extension activation. Still i could not see the FMEA TYPE, am not clear how to create FMEA type in customization(spro).

can you pl. help to go ahead further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VISHAL JONNALWAR ,

Thank you for your information. I have gone through the documents sent by you, the method to configure FMEA type is not mentioned in the document.

I am not able to create FMEA because of missing FMEA type.

Can you guide me based on your experience. Kindly provide the step by step solution.

Regards,

M.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are in ECC 6.0, but the transaction code qpcp is not available.

how to find out we are in ECC 6.0 EPH4 or not

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos