cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data determination for partner function usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am confused about a test I made, maybe you could help about the system behaviour.

In a destination country our company have many plants (created in other company code) where we can sell intercompany. We want to decide now how to manage these destination plants as customers.

We must create every plant as customers (for intercompany flow) and find out to have different partners (different sold-to party) but the same payer because all the plant belong to the same company code. This would mean to have:

plant A=> sold-to party: 2

Payer: 1

Bill-to party: 1

Ship-to party: 2

plant B=> sold-to party: 3

Payer: 1

Bill-to party: 1

Ship-to party: 3...

In this way we will have only one Payer for all the plants which would centralize the payments and invoice receiving.

Our requierement is also not to create sold-to party in company code or blocked them at company code level to avoid posting any invoice because all the invoices should be managed using an unique payer (1).

But when making tests system is giving me an error trying to post the invoice. The error is related to to sold-to party that is not created at company code level. I thought that the only party important to be updated at FI level was the payer. Is it normal this behaviour? Is there any way to avoid it?

Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil. Thanks for your fast answer.

I have been checking both messages but I still have some questions. What happens if I have more than one plant for ordering in the same company code/sale organization of destination? Must I create more than one customer for delivering company code/sale organization?

SAP lets you to assign different customers for different plants in IMG/ material management/ Purchasing/ Purchase order/ Set up stock transport order/ define shipping data for plants

Here you can define a different customer per plant. Obviously you can assign the same customer for more than one plants, although we create and assign one different customer per plant.

If we introduce a customer per sale organization in "Menu Path: IMG/ SD / Billing/ Intercompany Billing/ Define Internal Customer Number By Sales Organization" which one has got priority?

Best regards.

Edited by: sapera01 on Feb 5, 2010 12:00 PM