cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port a ABAP report into ITS? Please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a ABAP report that contains a selection screen with 3 select-option elements and a search button. On pressing search button an ALV grid opens with data from a SAP table based on selection screen criteria.

I want to web enable it so that it can be accessed from Enterprise Portal. i will be using IAC iview in Portal.

Now the IAC iview needs my ABAP report to be ported to ITS?

1.How to port it to ITS? What are the steps?

2.In order to port in to ITS do I need to change my ABAP code?

3.Are there any known limitations of porting ABAP reports in ITS? For example Performance, ALV not supported, Table control not supported etc.

4. Does it handle dynamic programming?

5. Are there any documentation for porting report to ITS?

6. How much time effort it will be for porting ABAP reportys to ITS?

To add some more points. SAP transaction iview is not allowed in my organization. Webdynpro/BSP is also not supported. Thats why I am using IAC iview which needs ITS.

Please help

Thanks

Gopal

Message was edited by: gopalkrishna baliga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

step1.create a transaction for ABAPreport in SE93.

step2.Go to transaction SICF and create a service in the following path sap/bc/gui/sap/its.

Check the following Url to create a service.

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-its-webgui-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

step3. create a system object setting the following property categories.

1.Connector

2.Usermanagement

3.ITS

4.WAS

In the usermanagement do the user mapping.

step4. While creating an IAC iview, in the third step for the <b>Internet Application Component (IAC)</b> property give the service name you have created in SICF.

you need not change the abap code. The only limitation while porting abap report in ITS is you cannot view the icons in the tool bar, instead you view the buttons.

ALV is supported. Functionality wise nothing will change except the appearance mainly with the icons.

Regards,

Gopi