cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules-based GATP with sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with reference to the following thread which asks the same question, but although in "answered" status, actually contains no answer to the final question...

We are investigating the possibility of using GATP with rules-based ATP to propose a sourcing plant. The result of this is of course a subitem in the sales order.

My question is, is there any restriction to using the sales BOM with rules-based ATP? We use the sales BOM currently to insert the packaging items into the sales order. From a previous project, I have in the back of my mind that there was a restriction in this respect, and that with the subitem from the GATP result, it was not possible to explode the sales BOM.

I cannot find what I recall to be the explicit SAP-help statement in this respect. Anybody with experience in this?

Regards,

Douglas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

thanks for the answer. As far as I know "low BOM" is not a SAP term. The correct SAP term is "sales BOM", which is maybe what you should have used to avoid the obvious confusion. Anyway, the answer is now clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so ur packaging item would be still sourced from the original plant ? That means ur finished product is sourced from the substitution plant and the packaging from the original plant. right ? Would this then create an STO for the finished product from the substitution plant and original plant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, we are not using a stock transfer - rather we want the entire sales order requirement (finished product + packaging items) moved to the substitution location, because the product will be shipped to the customer directly from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

Standard GATP doesnot support rule based Product or location substitution for a sales Bom.

onlycorelation is possible.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

thanks again. One last question before closing this topic: what do you mean by "correlation"?

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

Suppose you have Sale Bom

Product A is a sales bom and Product B & Product C are the bom components with ratio 1:1

Stock of B = 500 & C= 1000.

Suppose an order comes for product A for 2000 then standard GATP will look at the stock of B & C and will only confirm 500 of A because i will give A to the max of B or C ( This funtionality is called corelation).

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

no, product A is the finsihed product - highest level in the BOM. So GATP will definitely do the location substitution for this item, but my question is, once the location substitution is done, and the subitem with the new location has been generated, will the system still be able to explode the sales BOM for product A in the new location - hence inserting automatically the lower BOM items B and C in the new location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

By Low BOM i mean the code on which sales order is created.

eg. LB which explodes to LB1 & LB2, and try to understand Standard GATP will not do any substitution for LB not for its components. It only does quantity or date corelation.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The current situation is as follows:

We have the saleable product A in plants X and Y, with a sales BOM in each of the plants, for the packaging items B and C. When product A is entered in the sales order in, say, plant X, the sales BOM is exploded and items B and C are inserted into the sales order. ATP is done in R/3, and if there is no availability in X, then the plant can be manually changed to Y, but each of the subitems from the sales BOM must also be manually changed to Y.

Desired to be situation:

We implement GATP, with a rule to subsitute plant X with plant Y in the event that plant X has no stock. So the desired system response is: enter item A in the sales order with plant X, GATP subsitutes plant X with plant Y and generates a subitem for product A in plant Y. Now the sales BOM is exploded for the new subitem, generating the further subitems for B and C, also in plant Y.

Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

if i understand A product is a Low BOM product .

First of all GATP will never do any king of substitution for Low Bom product ( niether product substitution nor Locationsubstitution).

For Low BOM products standard GATP only does quantity corelation with in the same plant.

Regards

Vaibhav sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

thanks for the reply. I think your answer is covered by this statement in SAP help:

"No rules-based ATP can be executed currently for subitems in the sales order"

However, that is not our scenario. What we are looking to do is the following:

1. Location substitution via the GATP check -> for which the system response is a subitem in the sales order with the new location

2. Do a sales BOM explosion based on this new subitem (i.e. based on the new location)

The question is, is Step 2 possible?

Regards,

Douglas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas ,

as per my understanding what you mean to say.

suppose you have a normal product A & a low Bom product LB with component LB1 & LB2

Order created on A for quantity 100 where as its stock is 50. In APO i have defined substitution A-> LB ( Ideally there will be no stocks of Low BOM as only low BOM components are inventerised ) there for GATP will only confirm to the extent of 50 A.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas,

Standard Online GATP does not support substitution for a Low BOM material . Rule based Substitution for a material is itself considered to be BOM explosion in APO & when you create a order for Sales BOM header it explodes & there cannot be an explosion with in an explosion. so you cannot substitute a Low BOM header with some other product.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen