cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking SNOTE during upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing development system upgrade of SCM 5.0 to 7.0 and we have completed most of upgrade downtime phases.

During our past sandbox upgrade, we required applying certain SAP Notes. We tried SNOTE but it did not work and we would

get the message " Cannot implement/deimplement notes as upgrade is in process ".

SAP helped us that time by doing something in our system and we applied the notes via SNOTE.

This time in dev we are facing the same issue/ message in SNOTE and we would like to get our SNOTE unlocked.

Please suggest how to do it.

Rg,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

While applying Notes via SNOTE, are you able to view object list.

Might be the objects which will get modified via notes are in locked status by transport request. verify object list and corresponding transport request locking them.

you can unlock objects via SE03, i hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rupali Bajpai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep/Anyone,

Can you let me know if you were able to overcome this issue? If yes, how? I am encountering exactly same error and kind of stuck at this point.

tp unlockysys, tp unlock_eu did not work for me.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fahad,

Do what Ravindran has suggested but do it wisely and if really needed for upgrade to continue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

former_member256962
Participant
0 Kudos

System needs to be unlocked with the following command and locked again later...

cd /<upgrade directory>/bin

../exe/tp unlocksys <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

../exe/tp unlock_eu <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

..exe/tp locksys <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

..exe/tp lock_eu <SAPSID> pf=<transport profile>

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

snote lock depends in which phase you are. It is very difficult to unlock snote for whole upgrade process.

Thanks

Sunny