SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Organization structure in IS Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm new to IS Utilities, Can any one explain bellow concepts:

1. What is Organization Structure in IS Utilities and How it helps?

2. How and Where can we configure that?

3. any Building Block for this concept?

Kindly provide me the relavent links/Docs for further understanding... many thanks in Advance

Srujan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the basic foundation and baseline layer for all the project and many of our SAP systems.

Obviously, you have to configure in your system only.You will get Quick guide in sap Marketplace which can be helpful for you.

If you look at the below link,you may get the building blocks on Organisation structure for your industry .

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

-Siva

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Organisation structure in ISU is all most similar to the R/3; Hope following structure helps you;

1. Company

2. Company Code

3. Controlling Area

- Cost Center

- Profit Center

4.Sale Org

- Distribution Channel

5. Chart of A/c

- Account Group

- General Ledger

6.Division

- Gas

- Electricty

- Water

7.Plant

This structure can be used a guideline.

Thanks,

YL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the basic foundation and baseline layer for all the project and many of our SAP systems.

Obviously, you have to configure in your system only.You will get Quick guide in sap Marketplace which can be helpful for you.

If you look at the below link,you may get the building blocks on Organisation structure for your industry .

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BBlibrary_start.htm

-Siva

0 Kudos

Many Thanks Siva,

Your answer is very helpful. Since I'm a CRM Consultant and I unable understand how Org Structure influence business process. Now i'm a little clear.

However Could you pls give me an example how Org Structure helpful for utility industry with a simple/sample scenbario.

Srujan

0 Kudos

Org, structure defn can be different for different industries, but in general it can be defined as mentioned below.

Org. Structure is:

You use the organizational structure to represent and process

disciplinary assignments, remuneration flows and statistical aggregations.

As asked by you 1 example for this is:

In an insurance company, the organizational structure models the

hierarchical picture of an organization (generally sales and distribution), in particular for

the derivation of overriding commissions.

One more definition for Org. Structure which can throw more light in understanding this is:

"A hierarchy in which the organizational units in an enterprise are arranged according to tasks and functions.

The organizational structure differs from the administrative enterprise or personnel structure, whose

structural elements are relevant to payroll accounting and accounting."

Please mark thread as answered if you get satisfactory answer.

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

can any one tell me the basics of organization structure ,, what are the main foundations on which the structure of any organization stands ......