cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Sneak Preview at step "Deploy SDM/J2EE"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not a new topic, however I think it will be better to open a new question thread.

My intention is to install "Sneak Preview Edition for SAP Web AS 6.40" which I have downloaded from SDN web site. But the installation aborts at step "Deploy SDM/J2EE" with an error.

My system is an MS Windwos XP SP 2 with 256 MB RAM. I know, RAM is less than the required but it just warns and goes on installation. So, this seems not the problem.

Isn't it just executing the installer program. What settings must I made and where are these written?

At the older thread Benny Schaih told about the SQL Server version. But what is the relation and how should I check? (too dummy???)

Here is the related log entries:

<i>INFO 2004-07-03 22:47:27

CJSlibModule::writeLogEntry()

Output of D:\j2sdk\j2sdk1.4.2_02/bin/java.exe '-Xmx256M' '-jar' 'D:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar' 'deploy' 'list=D:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install/SDAS_TO_BE_DEPLOYED.LST' 'onerror=stop' 'sdmhome=D:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program' 'logfile=D:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install/callSdmViaSapinst.log' 'logtoconsole=true' is written to the logfile java.exe.log.

WARNING 2004-07-03 22:47:36

CJSlibModule::writeLogEntry()

Execution of the command "D:\j2sdk\j2sdk1.4.2_02/bin/java.exe '-Xmx256M' '-jar' 'D:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program/bin/SDM.jar' 'deploy' 'list=D:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install/SDAS_TO_BE_DEPLOYED.LST' 'onerror=stop' 'sdmhome=D:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program' 'logfile=D:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install/callSdmViaSapinst.log' 'logtoconsole=true'" finished with return code 4. Output:

Info:

Info: ============================================

Info: = Starting to execute command 'deploy' =

Info: ============================================

Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.3004.00.0000.20040204183620.0000

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/6.3004.00.0000.20040204183620.0000

Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Standalone

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Info: Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Info: Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Info: -

Starting deployment -

Info: Loading selected archives...

Info: Loading archive 'D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\J2EE_JDDSCHEMA.SDA'

Info: Loading archive 'D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\SYNCLOG.SDA'

Info: Loading archive 'D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\COM.SAP.SECURITY.DBSCHEMA.SDA'

Info: Loading archive 'D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\XML_DAS_SCHEMA.SDA'

Info: Loading archive 'D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\JMS_JDDSCHEMA.SDA'

Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Info: Actions per selected component:

Info: development component 'com.sap.security.dbschema'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3004.00.0000.20040203163559.0000': deploy

Info: development component 'synclog'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3004.00.0000.20040204181929.0000': useexisting

Info: development component 'tc/TechSrv/XML_DAS_Schema'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3004.00.0000.20040204183654.0000': deploy

Info: development component 'com.sap.engine.jddischema'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3004.00.0000.20040205154511.0000': deploy

Info: development component 'com.sap.jms.jddi.schema'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.3004.00.0000.20040205154547.0000': deploy

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not save current state of J2EE Engine now.

Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Info: Update strategy: UpdateLowerVersions

Info: Starting to execute deployment action (deploy) for "com.sap.engine.jddischema".

Info: Creating connections to database "J2E".

Info: Creating vendor connection to database.

Error: Creation of vendor connection failed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to install web as sneak preview 6.4 on 256 MB ram on win 2000. even i installed Netweaver development studio on the same machine I was able to develop, deploy and run the web dynpro application.( <b>It was really slow</b>. )

Try it couple of times. restart your installation where it hangs. you will be able to install it. Try deploying the same archive files listed in log file manually with the help of SDM. You will be able to deploy it and then re run your installation. Before deploying through SDM Make sure that all the servers listed in SAP management console are green.

ssimsekler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all

Thanks for your answers. I am away from home and taht's why can not try your solutions. As soon as possible, I will give them a hand and make you noticed about the result.

Thanks again.

*--Serdar

ssimsekler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all

As Rohin suggested, I have manually deployed the archives. It was OK. But at the last "Deploy Online" step I had again an error. I will open a new thread for the error. Hope someone can find a way that makes me meet NW.

Thank you Rohin and all folks.

*--Serdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Serdar how can i deploy fiels manually? can you please give me the steps.

Thanks in advance

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looking in your jvm settingi can see the following:

D:\j2sdk\j2sdk1.4.2_02/bin/java.exe '-Xmx256M' '-jar'

the -Xmx256M parameter alows the heep to use 256M while your total memory is 256! this will cause your server to crash.Change this to 196M for example.

Secondly try using jdk 1.42_05 instead the one you are using

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Benny's point is absolutely valid but then i should also add that it is a common problem that occurs even with 700 MB RAM and higher.

You can give it a try for your satisfaction.

Check if the SDM is up and running. You can check it on the Management Console.

It has been mentioned in the install.htm that comes with Sneak preview, that this error may occur and all you need to do is Just stop the installation and restart sapinst.bat (not from the scratch).

There are already a lot of threads on it, i believe you can find some hints from there too.

Mark it as answered if this helps you to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Serdar,

I installed the "Sneak Preview Edition for SAP Web AS 6.40" on a 320MB RAM and didnt have any problems with the instllation. However, when I tried to run J2EE engine and Developer studio on the same m/c, it gave me memory error. Upgrading it to 512 MB solved the problems.

regards,

Mandar

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Two words: NO WAY!

The requirements say over 700 MB RAM MINIMIUM. So what do you expect happening at 256?

Regards,

Benny

ssimsekler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And here is the rest:

Original error message is:

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://excellency/J2E [Restart required].

Stack trace of original Exception or Error is:

com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sapdb://excellency/J2E [Restart required].

at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB.connect(DriverSapDB.java:181)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:149)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:472)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:250)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.extern.DBSCConnectionManager.createSDMVendorConnection(DBSCConnectionManager.java:214)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.extern.DBSCConnectionManager.createSDMConnections(DBSCConnectionManager.java:77)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.ConnectionManagerDecorator.createSDMConnections(ConnectionManagerDecorator.java:73)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.DatabaseTargetSystem.connect(DatabaseTargetSystem.java:140)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.DBSCDeploymentActionProcessor.executeAction(DBSCDeploymentActionProcessor.java:115)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.execute(PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.java:63)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.DeploymentActionImpl.execute(DeploymentActionImpl.java:181)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.controllers.internal.impl.DeploymentExecutorImpl.execute(DeploymentExecutorImpl.java:51)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.executeAction(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:83)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.handleEvent(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.StateBeforeNextDeployment.processEvent(StateBeforeNextDeployment.java:72)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEventServerSide(InstContext.java:85)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEvent(InstContext.java:71)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.doPhysicalDeployment(DeployerImpl.java:122)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:91)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.Deploy.execute(Deploy.java:168)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AssureStandaloneMode.execute(AssureStandaloneMode.java:53)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AssureOneRunningSDMOnly.execute(AssureOneRunningSDMOnly.java:61)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SDMInitializer.execute(SDMInitializer.java:52)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.GlobalParamEvaluator.execute(GlobalParamEvaluator.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLibDirSetter.execute(AbstractLibDirSetter.java:46)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.ExitPostProcessor.execute(ExitPostProcessor.java:48)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.CommandNameLogger.execute(CommandNameLogger.java:49)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AdditionalLogFileSetter.execute(AdditionalLogFileSetter.java:65)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLogDirSetter.execute(AbstractLogDirSetter.java:54)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.Command.exec(Command.java:42)

at SDM.main(SDM.java:21)

Error: Execution of deployment action for "com.sap.engine.jddischema" aborted:

Db connect failed.

Error: Deployment NOT successful for com.sap.engine.jddischema

Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not restore state of J2EE Engine now.

Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

Info: Summarizing the deployment results:

Error: Aborted: D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\J2EE_JDDSCHEMA.SDA

Info: Already Deployed: D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\SYNCLOG.SDA

Error: Admitted: D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\COM.SAP.SECURITY.DBSCHEMA.SDA

Error: Admitted: D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\XML_DAS_SCHEMA.SDA

Error: Admitted: D:\SAPWAS640\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\J2EE-ENG\JDD\JMS_JDDSCHEMA.SDA

Processing error. Return code: 4

Error: Processing error. Return code: 4

ERROR 2004-07-03 22:47:36 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:223]

abortInstallation

MUT-02041 SDM call of deploySdaList ends with returncode 4. See output of logfile D:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\j2ee-sneak-preview\install\callSdmViaSapinst.log.

WARNING 2004-07-03 22:49:08 [sapinst.cpp:1181]

CSapInst::cancel()

Installation canceled by user request.

Exit status of child: 1</i>

Any advice?

Thanks...

*--Serdar