cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation in Visual composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to visual composer. i have two issues.

1. I have an RFC to execute in Visual composer, the Input form of RFC to be shown as a first view, once he click on submit, i need to navigate to another view which will show the result as an table.

I am able to execute the RFC , by showing the input form and table in the same page.but i need to navigate to the table view after submit.

I dont want to use the navigations like wizard,accordian or tab.....

2. My RFC Out put is a table and an export parameter of type Flag ('x' or ' ') , based on this export parameter i need to hide/display some of the table columns.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For the first requirement you need to have two layers in your model.

In the first layer put your input form and in the second layer put your table view. Now connect these two layer, to connect click on the fist layer you will get a small green circle on the top of that layer click on the green circle and drag till there is a connection between two layers.

Once you have connected the layers you need to select the event for that connection, this event should be the submit. i.e. when ever you press submit in input form there will be a navigation to second layer.

2. For this you need to select the cofiguration for table view, in the table view select those field you need to hide based on the flag and set a condition in the display properties to hide that particular column.

before this you need to store the value of the flag in a form which is hidden.

hope this helps,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your help. i am able to solve this issue, the other problem is how can i provide the back functionality. where the user can slect the back button on result view and come back to input forms.

i tried to create link from layer2 to layer1. but iam not able to create the link.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do that using the same procedure which you did to connect layer one to layer two, inorder to navigate you need to create a custom action for the button say "back" and for the connection you need to select the event as back.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rk,

how can i clear the table when going back.

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by clear table? Can you elaborate this?

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rk,

If we didnt provide any input the form and submit the form, even though its navigating to the next layer. where as the button back is disabled. how can we stop navigation, if the table is empty?

Regards,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean to say if the form is empty the navigation should not happen right? if this is the case you can disable the submit button if all the input fields are emply.

Regards,

Rk.

Answers (0)