cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed MSCS cluster on OFS for SAP ERP EhP4 SR1.

This installation is successful and both the nodes are running.

However, as soon as i execute any of the DB13 jobs, I get the mentioned error.

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: program_start_error.

This is stopping us from releasing the system to the end users, which effectively delays our GO-Live till the problem is resolved.

Please advise what all steps or notes are to be followed to make DB13 working in MSCS clusrer.

Regards

Ankita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer [SAP Note 446172 - SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE (program_start_error) in DB13|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/446172] to get more information about the possible cause of the error.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already refered this note and many others like 446172, 980266, 583759, 387137, 378648, 31559, 657999 but they all are are too confusing.

Nothing is mentioned in guide for doing additional configuration in MSCS environment after installation to get offline back up and DB13 jobs scheduled. After my cluster setup now none of the DB13 jobs are running.

I request you to let me know how to make it work and which sequence to follow for the given notes.

The notes mentioned in this regard are too much odd in data and cannot be easily interpreted so please help if you have done this issue already.

Regards,

Ankita

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read that suggested SAP Note carefully and compare your existing settings with the suggested and required recommendations step-by-step.

which effectively delays our GO-Live till the problem is resolved.

If it is a question of delay in GO-Live, then I hope you already have opened OSS Call for the same.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I have already opened a msg to SAP but as of now no positive response thats why request you if you hav ever done this.

Regards,

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Briefly describe your system architecture ?

Have you followed/implemented SAP Notes [446172|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/446172] and [657999|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/657999] carefully, by comparing your existing settings?

Have you analyzed the log entries in SM21, also at Operating system level Logs ?

If you Database is on another host then SAPXPG_DBDEST_<dbhost> or <virtual_dbhost> (a TCP/IP connection) will play an important role for executing SAPXPG command. Test SAPXPG_DBDEST_<dbhost> or <virtual_dbhost> RFC connection with its Trace logs.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I had the same issue in MSCS

SAP has recommnded to install a gateway

note 657999 - Installing a Standalone Gateway in an MSCS Environment