cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential Message Processing in IDOC - HTTPS scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an IDoc - PI - HTTPS scenario. One of the requirement is to maintain the data sequence while processing.

This means that the sequence in which the IDocs are received by PI, should be the same sequence in which it should be posted to the URL from PI interface.

Incase, there is a connectivity issue with the URL at any point of time, then the data should be queued sequentially in PI and once the issue is resolved, the data should again process in sequence.

Please let me know which is the best approach to achieve this?

Assume the mapping is very simple

Regards,

Prajeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The web blog helped me

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sender side IDoc, maintain sequence on IDoc sender system.

Go to WE20 Partner Profile --> go to your idoc entry in outbound --> On Outboud Options tab --> Make a tick on Queue Processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.

Actually I had 2 options for data processing sequence.

1. Use a BPM to maintain the order in which the data is posted to the URL (target system)

2. Serialization of Idocs

I have been told that IDoc serialization is more preferrable than using a BPM for sequencing.

As mentioned by Sudhir and from other forum posts, I was able to gather these information for IDoc serialization.

The following steps needs to be done to acheive the Idoc serialization

1. Create a queue in PI with prefix SAP_ALE_

2. In PI, using transaction we20, create a partner profile for the sender SAP system.

3. In the partner profile, create an entry for the Idoctype in the inbound parameters.

4. Check the queue processing tab, specify the queue name <which was created in step1>

Is my understanding correct?

My confusion is that are these steps done at PI end or at the SAP end?

Regards,

Prajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion in my above post.

I think the 4 steps needs to be done at the sender SAP system and NOT in PI.

Is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of the pre-requisite for IDOC serialization, it said that the message header should have EOIO as the QoS.

How is this achieved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you able to resolve it?? I am also working on the same thing. Can you please also let me know if you have found the solution.

Thanks

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

We opted to go for IDOC Serialisation. With this, we achieved the sequential data processing through the PI interface.

I did check a blog in SDN which had step by step instruction to achieve this, but cannot find it now

Anyways, will give you a idea on wat needs to be done at PI and SAP R/3 end.

At PI end:

Using SE16 as the transaction, We need to create a entry in the table: IDXQUEUE

a.PORT - (SAP R/3 system port)

b.CLIENT - (SAP R/3 system client)

c.MESTYP - (IDoc MSGTYP)

d.QUEUEID - (Random Queuename, for eg: EOIO_PI_Interface)

At SAP R/3 end:

1. Create a function module. The QUEUEID created in SAP PI should be mentioned in this function module. <this basically indicates which PI queue will handle this message>

2. Using transaction we85, create a queue processing rule (which would call the function module)

3. In the partner profile, for the particular Idoc type, queue processing option must be enabled. And the queue processing rule (as defined in step 2 above) should be specified here.

Hope this information helps.

When I find the link to the blog, will post it here.

Thnx,

Prajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4865] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below threads which discussed the same

HTH

Rajesh