cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Design issue : Wanted to create a webservice and it could be placed in some location on PI server from where it could use the same credentials to log on as the ESB does, eg : it could pull credential details the same way as ESB /IR does.

Does anyone have any idea on this kind of design about where to place the service and how it can work like the same way as ESB?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont need to place the WSDL anywhere (if you are using PI7.1 or higher then place it in Service Registry).

Yours will be a SOAP --> XI/ PI --> target scenario .... the procedure remains the same...nothing else....if the user login to ESR/ ID has enough permissions to test (send messages to XI/ PI) then he/ she can use their credentials to send the message from any SOAP tool (like SAP SOAP Client/ Altova) or SOAP application.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wanted to understand a bit more : currently I have a command line utility which runs on PI server. I want to make a GUI verison of it (it should use same credentials as a user would use to log on to SAP) and basically send a url of this GUI to the SAP users. This will be regarded as publishing or consuming of web serives ? or is it something else?

Secondly ,I have PI 7.1 with EHP 1 : how will I accomplish this process?

If you could provide details ,it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Answers (0)