cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering ABAP system with SLD Web AS JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to register an ABAP only system with an SLD that resides on a JAVA-only system. When registering the ABAP system in RZ70, I enter the gateway host of the JAVA-only system and the gateway service as "sapgw<instance>". However, when looking at the java-only system, I don't see that the gateway is even running.

The JAVA only system is running on Windows 2008.

A couple questions:

1) Is "sapgw<instance>" the gateway service on a java-only system?

2) If the gateway is running, does it show in the services or in the SAP MMC?

3) I've tried starting the gateway manually using "gwrd -force pf=<start profile>" and the dev_rd log says"***LOG S00=> GwInitReader, gateway started ( 2980) [gwxxrd.c 1757]

• ERROR => [CreateOsShm] CreateFileMapping(5,4 KB) failed with Err=5

EIO*: Input/output error OR: Access is denied. [shmnt.c 2174]

• ERROR => ShmCreate: Create (5,4096,1) failed [shmnt.c 506]

Is this the right way to start the gateway?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale Dingmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Dale ,

A java only system has no gateway thats why you can't register your abap system.

Just add in the SCS instance startup profile the following lines and adapt the SID ,SCS, and hostname with the values of your choice.

Restart the J2EE and you have a gateway running.

#----

1. Start SAP gateway service

#----

GW = $(DIREXECUTABLE)/gwrd$(FT_EXE)

Start_Program_02 = local $(_GW) pf=$(DIR_PROFILE)/<SID>_SCSXX_<hostname>

Now you can register your ABAP system.

Best,

SAP BASIS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Yes , if you looking for work and you love complicated landscapes you can install a seperate gateway server.

Just adding the lines in the startup profile of the SCS instance does the trick.

Simple , efficient , controllable.

Best,

SAP-BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the lines to the startup profile fixed this issue and the gateway is now running and I'm able to register the ABAP system with the SLD.

Thanks for your help!

Dale Dingmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

could you please tell us which Release your AS Java is? I have an AS Java 7.01(UsageType EP) on an AIX machine with a local SLD to which an AS ABAP 7.01 should register. I am not sure whether I can use the solution mentioned above or whether I have to install a standalone gateway.

System Landscape Directory Planning Guide (March 2010, page 43) quotes quite a similar solution but without Information concerning the release. This information also belongs to a standalone SLD. The last three scentences of SAP Note 1057720 quotes that for releases up to and including Release 7.0 one has to install a standalone gateway. In higher releases however "the SCS of the AS Java installs an RFC gateway and configures it as the default in the SLD". Is AS Java 7.01 a higher release than 7.00 and how can I check wheter there is an installed Gateway on SCS instance or not?

Can someone clarify that point?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I was wondering if you ever got an answer to your post.  The solution mentioned in this thread does not work for us.  We installed a NW 7.3 Java only stack which automatically includes the gateway in the SCS instance.  Still the ABAP systems are not able to see reach it.

I know this is a bit late to the party, but if anyone has any further detail or suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer for us - make sure to use the correct instance number for the SCS when setting up the data supplier and referencing the gateway.  Details in the comments section of:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2011/02/23/how-to-push-abap-system-data-to...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dale,

You should install "Standalone Gateway Server/System" on your Java system. Without Gateway server, you can not register your ABAP system in SLD.

Many Thanks

Mahesh

Edited by: Mahesh Patil on Feb 8, 2010 2:05 PM

Edited by: Mahesh Patil on Feb 8, 2010 2:06 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> 1) Is "sapgw<instance>" the gateway service on a java-only system?

It should be sapgw<instance number>.

Have you tried to trigger data transfer from RZ70 in SLD ? If yes what output did it show ? Is everything was successful ?

Thanks

Sunny