cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible objects when running a Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to run a Query I am getting "Incompatible Objects" error, but when I checked the Object to see the contexts it doesnt make any sense for me to add the Object to particular context to make it compatible, It is not even generating SQL in the Query designer it is just throwing the error

I even tried turning off the Incompatible Objects from Tools > Aggregate Navigation but no luck

Regards,

Anil Doddi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If none of he above answers helped you to solve this. Then can you give an few more details like how many objects are used for query generation and select part of those objects and joins between those tables ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution 1

If the tables are used in the query in a loop:

1. In Designer, go to Tools > Detect Loops.

2. If there is a loop, do you need it? If yes, then define a global context to contain the joins of the loop.

Resolution 2

If the tables used in the query belong to two separate contexts, then incompatible objects generate multiple select statements and thereby retrieve multiple microcubes.

1. In Designer, go to File > Parameters > SQL tab.

2. Check the option "Multiple SQL Statements for each context".

Note: BusinessObjects generates two select statements if the joins in the query do not belong to the same context.

Resolution 3

If any one object refers to several tables, then these tables belong to different contexts and running a query may produce an error. Check the syntax of every object in your query to verify that several tables are not in the object definition:

1. In Designer, open the universe and select an object.

2. Go to Edit > Object Properties and click "Tables" from the "Definitions" tab.

3. Click the option "Show selected only" and verify that only one ("1") table is chosen for each object.

Resolution 4

If you use the function @Aggregate Aware in your object syntax, then follow these steps:

1. In Designer, go to Tools > Aggregate Navigation.

2. Check the option "Incompatible only" and then click OK.

Resolution 5

If you use the function @Aggregate Aware in your object syntax and you have you changed the 'owner' of your tables, then the new owner is not automatically updated in the @AggregateAware syntax.

There are two workarounds to this issue:

1. Do not show the OWNER field in your universe by amending a field in the RDBMS PRM file (located in the path C:\BusinessObjects\RDBMS\*.prm). Type 'OWNER=N' to indicate that the tables in universes and queries do not contain the owner's name.

2. Manually amend every @AggregateAware object, and indicate the owner in table name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Thanks for your quick response

Resolution 1,2,3 , I dont have any issues everything seems perfect

Resolution 4,5 there are no @Aggregate Aware is define in the Object so this cannot be a issue

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check for Isolated joins