cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Status in SMQ2 = RUNNING, but Stuck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a queue that sometimes gets stuck in SMQ2 in status RUNNING (for no apparent reason).

If I activating the queue manually (as suggested in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/b9f2407b937e7fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm)

usually solves the problem.

Therefore, this queue processes messages 24x7 and cannot get stuck for more than 5 minutes.

Question n1)Is there a way I can do this automatically (scheduling a JOB) (itu2019s a specific queue, that is only used for this single process)?

Question n2) Sometimes, after activating the queue again, the message continues in status RUNNING, and the only solution is to delete the message and activating the queue manually (when I do this, after processing every message in the queue, when new messages begin to arrive, the queue goes to status READY for a LONG time.) Does anyone knows whats going on?

obs.: The message is ALWAYS processed successfully, and there is no problem to process it 2 times. The only thing that cannot happen is STOP the process.

Thank you.

At.,

Bernardo Tavares Braga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message in the queue was executing a program in SAP ECC which did not process correctly causing the queue do stay in status running indefinitely. The problem was solved putting the SAP ECC code in a remote function call so that it could be processes assincronally and independently from SAP PI.

dhinesh_thirugnanam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardo,

Can you please let me know how you have solved it thro specific steps.

Thanks.

Dhinesh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh.

In my specific case it was a problem in the RFC that the cenário from PI was calling. The RFC execution never ended causing the queue in PI to be stuck.

At.,

Bernardo Braga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, the solution given by Ramesh solves this kind of problem: de-register and register all the queues.

At.,

Bernardo Braga

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tavare,

Generally when queues are not fucntioning properly. SMQR=> Deregister, register and activate all the queues. After doing this also if it doesn't work then I have one question. What is the size of message which is strucking, from when this behaviour started like after its moved to production or recently. Is there load increase means more number of interfaces pushed to production ? What are your default trace logs saying ?

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

blog on creating alertsfor Q errors

/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2009/05/19/sap-xipi-alerts-for-queue-errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look on this link :

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Thanks.

Regards,

Indira D

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Thank you for the "SAP XI/PI: Alerts for Queue Errors". This will be very usefull.

2) Also, thank you for the "XI : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically". I have the program RSQIWKEX schedulled and running. This is usefull for messages that fail. But my problem is that my messages dont fail, they remain in status RUNNING.

There is an option to execute RSQIWKEX for messages RUNNING. But if I do this, the queue goes to status READY and doesnt start AUTOMATICALLY (i have to execute the LUW manually). Is there a way to execute the queue automatically?

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if messages are remaining in the ready state go to SXMB_ADM

manage Qs and register the queues....

Also u can look into this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First u have to delete queue from SMQ2.Then u need to register the queue ,not deregister from SXMB_ADM.

Also change the parameter in SXMB_ADM->Integration engine->Specific Configuaration->Select MONITOR->put Parameter

QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED ,value is 1.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to initiate processing of messages stuck in the queue, make sure to set following IS configuration parameter

MONITOR QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED to value 1...also make sure you activated and registered the queues...

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I already registered all the queue through sxmb_adm - didn't change anything.

2) This queue is on SAP PI/XI, but the message goes to SAP ECC.

Since the process is executed, what I think happens is that the message updates SAP ECC, but somehow it doesn't give a return to SAP PI/XI.

So SAP PI/XI thinks its still executing.

Pinangshuk, the MONITOR QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED is set to value 1(in the Integration Engine configuration - sxmb_admin)

Also, this enables the restart of stuck queues manually. Is there a way to do this automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also observing the same kind of behaviour. The queue is in running status and when i unlock and activate it is getting sucessfully processed.

Is there a way to reprocess the qeueus automatically and send an email in the case of failed queues?

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also observing the same kind of behaviour. The queue is in running status and when i unlock and activate it is getting sucessfully processed.

Is there a way to reprocess the qeueus automatically and send an email in the case of failed queues?

Thanks,

Srini

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this queue is on ECC system? Did you debug the proxy or whatever executing the process if there are any leaking infinite loops?

VJ

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you try to register and activate all queues from the tcode sxmb_adm - manage queues