cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA20/30 Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question may or may not have already been asked, so I apologize if it already has.

On PA20/30, there is a search help that popups when you do a F4 on the Personnel no. It Allows you to search by different things including Last Name, First Name. You enter a last name and hit execute and you get a list of employees that match your search criteria.

My question is, is there something similiar that we can use in WebDynpro ABAP? I want to have a screen where the user can enter their search criteria and then it lists those employees.

Or do I have to build this search help myself.....meaning a custom search help??

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

what you see in PA20/PA30 is pretty much collective search help PREM

in your context set up the personnel number attribute that you want to have the search helps against - assign it type PERNR_D and mark it as "Input Help Mode: Dictionary Search Help" then populate in the Dictionary search help field the value "PREM".

This should give you most of the various search helps.

It won't give you the code based searches - like the "Free Input" but most of them are there.

Hope this helps (albeit a bit belatedly)

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.

If was a snake, it would have bit me. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot.

Answers (0)