cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system to system DB lock management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand how lock management works in a given SAP system, but how does it work between SAP systems? For instance, if BI tries to update a record in the ECC DB, will ECC lock table be notified? If so, how? I was told by a SAP guy the ECC lock table would be updated but I wonder how this is done. Does BI contact ECC message server so ECC knows to make the proper locks? Or does the ECC DB somehow flag remote requests and tell ECC lock table about it? I wish the documentation would go more into system to system DB transactionsu2026

Thanks for any help.

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know any scenario where the BI needs to lock entries on the ERP system to "change" them. I know such a scenario on CRM where someone is changing something in the CRM and the corresponding entry is locked on the ERP. However, this lock is not done on a database level but on an application level using the SAP own enqueue server (see transaction SM12).

The CRM connects to the ERP using RFC and calls a function module that will lock the whole object (such as a customer).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus, thank you. I talked to a few more Basis guys and they essentially said the same thing. They said there are very few scenarios where BI would need to change entries on the ERP system and that BI data is loaded from ECC via pre-defined data structures. Just got a little ahead of myself.

Answers (0)