cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues,

can you please advise, I am wanting to use the production calendar and plan using the optimiser.

I therfore create a production calendar, assign to my production location and execute the optimiser for the products in question. The calendar has a single day available per week within the timestream. However When I execute the optimiser the planned orders are generated for buckets outside of the production calendar.

E.g. Timstream has 1 day per week

optimiser creates planned orders for bucket 1 2 an3 of week 1

questions

1. Does the optimiser consider the production calendar

2. Are ther any known restrictions when using the production calendar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Factory calender is considered by SNP optimizer.Unless you have defined capacity variant with capacity on non workday system will not plan by increasing capacity.

For more information follow link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In the production calendar that you have assigned to the location,

check in the timestream whether the factor calendar is maintained

accordingly and assigned to the timestream

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

thanks for replying.

In my example there is a production resource (assigned to a PDS) this has capacity for 5 days per week 8 hrs per day. I have created a time stream with the same calendar as that assigned to the resource. the timestream has valid days for 1 day per week. I still end up with planned orders being created by the optimiser for days outside the valid timestream days.

Any ideas or notes to research

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can ycu check resouce capacity for given interval. For Planned order resource capacity will be considered or check calender assigned to resource.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

l

see my reply to senthil. i have a calendar that is valid that is assigned to the reource. this same calendar used to create the timestream. However the optimsier still creates planned orders outside the validitiy of the timestream periods.

If you have nay ideas please let me know

Cheers

Paul

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul ,

As I understand from your replies that all the calendar/times stream setting are correctly defined .

In case of optimizer,it may suggests a solution (production plan) by increasing the capacity if the non delivery or delay penalties are very high .

So could you please check the total cost calculations of the suggested plan which is outside the validity of the timestream periods.

Regards,

Digambar