cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 - BEx Browser 3.5 strange error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...

One of our Agencies are currently preparing to roll out new Windows 7 Enterprise machines. Unfortunately they cannot wait until GUI 7.20 anticipated for the end of March.

In testing we have found that after installing the SAP GUI 7.10 SP16 with BEx Browser 3.5 SP8 everything installs correct however the 1st time you execute Bex Browser and logon to a system, we encounter an error which states:

SAP BW Browser Application has stopped working

-> Check online for a solution

-> Close the program

We close the program and run it again, it works correctly.

The Log in Windows show:

Details:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: wdbbapp.exe

Application version 3571.8.0.55

Fault Module Name: wdba.dll

Fault Module version: 3571.8.0.60

C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Bw\wdbbapp.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wdba.dll

This occurs on both Windows 7 Enterprise - 32bit and 64bit versions. The same installer does not encounter this problem on Windows 2000, XP and Vista.

While this may appear not to be much of a "problem" it does cause some concern since this agency is preparing to deploy 10,000+ machines, we want to be certain there is no other underlying issues which still may remain.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar with a work around? Could it be the install is not registering a dll or file that occurs when the program is executed and why is it isolated specifically to the Window 7 OS?

Ideas and comments welcome.

Regards,

Zecher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have same problem. I need help!

Is there anyone who found a solution?

Please reply!

Many thanks. Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was this resolved?  I am having the same issue with SAP GUI 7.30 BI Add-On Patch Level 100.  Excel 2010 Run-time error 53 missing wdba.dll.

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you have a solution?