cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Purcahse Order from a Shopping cart thru custom code

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to create a Purchase order from a Shopping cart in a background process and want to know if there is a way to just pass the Shopping Cart Id and line item to some function module to make this happen. We can call function BBP_PD_PO_CREATE but for this we have to get all the data from the shopping cart and then build the input data to call it. It seems like you should just be able to give the shopping cart # & line number to some process and it will retrieve the data and then call the PO create process. Has anyone done this ?? we are actually trigger the "create" process from outside of SAP so would rather just have to pass the Shopping Cart ID instead of all the data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

our process is - from a non-SAP system we call and read the shopping cart data. then we determine if we want to create a Purchase order - if we do, the non-SAP system makes another call to SAP to do this - we could call function module BBP_PD_PO_CREATE and pass in all the data required to create the PO and link it to the Shopping cart. But we are hoping that there is a function module we can call and just give it the shopping cart # and line item and create the PO - we would like to not have to pass in all the data required for PO creation (it seems like just giving the Shopping cart id should allow SAP to create a PO from it.) thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i might not able to give you a direct solution to this. But a suggestion in terms of process stand point. Why don't you add a system user let's say " Legacy system" as a last step in the work flow. So that once you make your a decision in leagacy system whether you want to convert it to PO or not , whcih you can store back in a z-table in SRM and based on that you can either approve or reject the shopping cart as a Batch job. And after that shopping cart will flow through the normal process. In this way you also leave the audit trail and notification to the end user if a shopping cart get rejected or not getting converted to PO .

Thanks

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are planning to achieve. Can you explain little bit more.... what SRM scenario you are using ?

BR

Padhi