cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role search in request

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC 5.3 sp9, in CUP when creating a new request, if a company is selected on the main screen, when you search for roles, it comes back "no roles found". If you remove the company selection, then the roles show up. What could cause this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

As Alpesh mentioned, Company is used to filter role selection and Company can also be used in workflow. However, if you do not use Company for workflow and if you have no plans to associate Company to roles, then you might think about deleting the Company values/names and leaving that field blank/empty. That way no auto-filtering would be imposed when selecting roles.

Just in case this is an option for you...

-Dylan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

This is a simple thing. If you want folks to select company field then you will have to associate roles to company as well. You can configure company from Roles -> attributes -> Company and then you will have to associate each role with corresponding company. You can associated individaul roles to comapny by editing each role or you can upload all the roles via spreadsheet with company information. You can associate more than one company to a role so the relationship between role and company is one to many.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping for another way...this client has 210+ companies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow....that's the only way or you have to get rid of company information. I also don't like this but there is not much we can do.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I have a little question for you. I am having a little trouble; I cannot get a role by company attribute in CUP. If you can, please save me.

Here is what I did:

1. Under Configuration>Role Attributes>Custom Filed in ERM, I set up a custom filed u201CCOMPANYu201D and put some values (COMP1, COMP2, etc).

2. Under Configuration>Roles>Attributes in CUP, I also set up companies that are exactly the same as those in ERM.

2. Then, I created a role (ROLE1) in ERM and gave a company attribute (COMP1) to that role. Now, ROLE1 should be associated to COMP1, theoretically, right?

3. However, when I crate a new user in a CUP request and then search for a role (ROLE1) by selecting company attribute (COMP1), the role (ROLE1) does not show up. This is my problem.

PS: I have no problem getting a role by functional area, business process, or other predefined attributes in CUP.

Can you possibly tell what went wrong?

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HM,

Custom field "Company" in ERM is not associated with Company field in CUP so it won't be able to bring that association for you. You will have to manually associate respective company values (eg. COMP1) to the role in CUP. I hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Okay. No company association b/w CUP and ERM. I understood.

If that is the case, where do you associate company values to roles in CUP?

All I can think of is CUP>Roles>Search Role and change roles adding a company value to each role one by one under the tab "Custom Attributes".

Is this the only way? It seems more maintenance work-- you should be careful when you synchronize roles from ERM...

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's the only way. You can use role spreadsheet option to maintain the company information in CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I understand. We still want the role selection by company.

I did a little experiment and it did work, but can you please tell me about the spreadsheet option? This time, I manually populated companies in CUP. It seems there is a way that I can download roles in a spreadsheet from ERM, but I am not so sure how and where.

I would appreciate your time.

Thanks,

HM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't use ERM for that. You can bring all the roles in CUP and then download all the roles via Export feature in CUP. Once all the roles are downloaded in spreadsheet, you can maintain company information and then upload the spreadsheet back in CUP via import roles.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

OK. I found the path. Roles>Search Role and select "export".

This could save a lot of time. Thanks!

HM