cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppression of Points in xMII 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a control chart showing multiple trends. These trends have been setup as required with individual ID columns. I have suppressed a lot of points on various trends, and until now every thing is working fine.

The behaviour is now intermittant. In some of the trends the points are not getting suppressed any more. On trends it was working before, I am able to suppress additional points. But on new trends I am not able to suppress new points.

I am using the same Display template (to display all the trends).

In the back ground when I suppress new points, I can see entries being made in the Quality Portal database, Suppressed points table, but on some charts the points are getting suppressed and on others it is not getting suppressed. Also when I change the Chart name in the display template the intermittancy of point suppression goes away.

Please let me know if there is a limitation in the suppression of points on Control charts or I am doing some things wrong.

Regards

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer.

The issues is that we have built an application around this feature. And basically the display template being used is the same. We are changing the Data being displayed on the chart using a parameter in the query template that is used to feed the data to this Display template.

The Parameter is also used to form the ID of the trend (basically the Column ID in SPCC chart).

Is there a limitation on the number of column IDs that can be used against a SPCC chart, which is causing new trends not to show the suppression of points in the chart.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the suppresseddatapoints table, it has two columns one is the chart name and another is the element key. You should be able to set the chartname using

document.iSPCChart.getChartObject().setChartName()

the element key is the id columns you have set. The limitation would be the datatype/length of the element key field which is char(255)

Jamie

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try increasing the RowCount setting in the QualityPortal\SuppressedPointQuery (it defaults to 100) and it may be truncating this resultset for your particular ChartName and not finding any records that match the data point ElementID's in the active view.

Just load, make the change, and save the template. If refreshing your page doesn't make a difference you might have to restart the ServletExec service (I don't know if the templates are cached by the server or not).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys. This has solved the issue, now the suppressed points which were not showing up are appearing on the screen.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards

Sid.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The chart name is used to identify what point is suppressed. I would recommend using a seperate display template for each chart.

Jamie