cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rerendering of a ZCI Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a webdynpro java application that uses a ZCI adobe Interactive form. I have also a button "read data" in the webdynpro view for reading the data from the interactive form. The issue is that whenever i am pressing the read data button the form is getting re render(data is not getting reset which is ok).

Please suggest me how can I stop this rerendering of interactive form.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly, as Robert said, why would you do it the way you´re not supposed? Why don´t you do that the way everybody is doing this and it works perfect and is fast to develop and debug? Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for the reply.

But I am not using the Submit button of Webdynpro Native Library in the interactive form. I have a interactive form and a separate button in the webdynpro view for reading data from the form and for validation check which is woking fine with the xACF Form.

Only with ZCI form the form gets rerender without reseting the data of the form whenever I am pressing the button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never used WDJ, but have developed forms in WDA and regular ABAP - in WDA, i'm not sure it's possible to have the Submit button on the Web dynpro (instead of in the PDF) and have it able to read the form data.

I would place a submit button in the form itself. After clicking, (in WDA, at least) you'll have access to all the form data in your Context Node and can do whatever you want with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Whenever you use Submit button of WebDynpro Native Library(not only the submit button even Value Help, Enumerated Drop Down List) it makes a call to SAP i.e. one server round trip will happen. So Again establishing back the connection to Adobe Form it re-renders the form.

One of the performance tuning is if PDFSOURCE property in the WebDynpro is mapped then it's better to remove binding otherwise it completes renders the form in ADS stack.

Main point of keeping the Submit button is to if necessary post the filled information in Adobe Form to SAP. While posting the data, handle any errors and display it to end user.

Regards

Pradeep Goli