cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differenes between Solution Manager Agent SMD/DAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are have a Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 SP 21 running. When I checked the Documentation for the Solution Manager Agent I found two possible SMD Agents

- SMD Solution Manager Diagnostic

- DAA Diagnostic Agent

In my opinion the difference between the two Agents is only that SMD ist based in NW 7.0 and DAA is based in NW7.11.

Is this right? Or are there any other differences?

Thanks for your help

Franz-Josef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

ok will do

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Currently I need to install wily introscope on a machine and need to configure it to solution manager which is present in an another machine ..

The Solution manager has SMD agent in it's host, so do I need to install DAA in the wily introscope system.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

You can create new thread.

This one created on Feb 4 2010 topic

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This is interesting - as we are currently upgrading the SolMan to SP23.

- is it ok to continue using SMD (7.0) with SolMan SP23, or is it recommended to upgrade to DAA (7.11)?

- are there any experiences on SMD (7.0) versus DAA (7.11)?

- at what point, under what circumstance, is one forced to upgrade from SMD to DAA?

Thanks,

Peter

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

it is ok to use the 7.0 agent with SP23. There are currently no circumstances that force you to upgrade to 7.11. The only thing is that if you have a SAP system running on SAPVM, it is recommended to use the 7.11 agent, because then both run on the same JDK.

Best regards

Michael

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Franz-Josef,

yes, you are right. This is the only difference. From a functional perspective there is no difference, except that the 7.11 agent needs the SAPHostAgent installed once per managed system to collect operating system metrics.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Check Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents and review attached Rules