cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A - catch event on cursor field change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

could you please tell me if it is possible to start an event when the cursor jumps from a field to another ?

I use an input field with a F4 help automatic. When the use choose a value or write something in the field, I would like to activate some other fields in the view.

For the moment, I did it on ENTER event but it is not enough. Because if the user choose the value in the F4 list, the event ENTER is not catched.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks a lot

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no onChange or FocusChange events in Web Dynpro. However given your situation - returning from Value Help - you might consider the WDDOMODIFYVIEW. This event is triggered upon every server side event. This does mean you should be very careful what you put in this event as it triggers all the time. However it can be a nice way to load some additional data on change of a certain value in the context.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and I solved it by creating a "free programmed" value help. The instance of this object throws an event when it is closed So you can perform your code to do what ever you want.

I know, that I am late....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, It is confirmed what I'm thinking.

The WDDOModify is not good for me, so I have added a button just near my input field and the user can filled in the input field and uses directly the Tab on keyboard + space or enter on keyboard to activate the event.

Véronique