cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use MS SQL server with sbeak preview 640?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use MS SQL server with the sneak preview instead of MAX DB?

Are there any installation guides for the sneak preview?

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you downloaded the sneak preview from SDN? Have you downloaded the WAS? I believe you have a install.html and sql.html which guides you through the installation of SQL Server, WAS, NW Developer Studio, EP and all the patches.

Have a look at it if you find it or else refer to this link which gives you the same document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/installat... guide ep sneak preview sp4.pdf

Incase you are not able to open it, just search of Installation Sneak Preview 6.40, you get this document there.

Mark this as answered if this answers your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same problem.

I am trying to install sneak preview NetWeaver 640 on Windows 2000 Professional, 1Gb memory & 55 Gb free disk space. I installed MS SQLServer 2000 and patched it according to the Installation guide.

I downloaded sneak preview 640 from SDN. When I extracted content of WebAS640_SP7.zip into a temporary directory, I got directory structure different from structure listed in documentation:

<EXTRACT_DIR>\SAPinst_WAS\SAPINST\NT\I386\sapinst.exe

instead of

<EXTRACT_DIR>\WebAS640SP3_Full\IM1\SAPINST\NT\I386\sapinst.exe in documentation.

When I tried to install, I got Welcome page different from the one listed in the Installation guide. WAS and NetWeaver installation was successful, but it used MaxDB and ignored MS SQLServer. Moreover, it installed SAP J2EE 6.30. When I tried to install EP 6.0 SP6 using downloaded file EP6_SP6.zip, I got an error message:

SAPInst could not find any SAP J2EE instances that match the Portal Platform requirements. The installation stops. Install the SAP J2EE 6.40 according to the Portal PAM requirements, and run the portal installation again.

Please help

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To make it short: you messed up.

1. Sneak previews cannot be patched. (Technically they may but this never is tested)

2. Sneak previews come with their database, 6.40 with MaxDB, no way around this.

3. The sneak preview you donwloaded and installed is older then the one needed for EP - therefore your message is correct.

Read installation guides/ sneak preview installations descriptions, they are written for a purpose.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got WebAS640_SP7.zip from https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/downloadarea.sdn -> Web AS -> (Sneak Preview SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 - Web AS 6.40 for MS SQLServer) or (Sneak Preview SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 - NetWeaver Developer Studio). Both download sets are equivalent.

Installation guide for Sneak Preview gives detailed instructions for patching of MS SQLServer and for installation of Web AS and EP. According to documentation, Web AS should work with patched MS SQLServer and with SAP EP 6.0 SP6 that is also included in the download sets mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am installing sneek priview EP for sqlserver EP6 with SP6, downloaded from for SDN,

I have completed the installation of SAP EP portal6.0 SP3 successfully. (As per quick installation guide till step3)

I am getting error msg in sdmlog while updating SAP EP to sp6. (As per quick installation guide step4)

I have already open two topic and mentioned log details.

Help me if I am missing any details.

Anand Verma