Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic doubt - the link between ABAP and JAVA stack

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a basic doubt. We know that XI runs in both ABAP stack and JAVA stack. (Integration Engine runs in ABAP, Adapter Engine runs in Java, like this ...)

What is the link to connect these 2 stacks ? For example, we are creating user in ABAP stack (SAP), the same user is validated in Java, while logging to XI Integration Builder start page. How the validation is happening ?

Can you clarify friends ?

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for every role created in ABAP there will be equivalent Groups get created in the java...

Java user management will take care of mapping these things...

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Now, I am understand at high level. I will go through the links which you provided.

Thank you friends.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SM59, under TCP/IP connections, you will see two RFC destination namely AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER and AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER..

AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER -> create connection between Integration Server with the Integration Builder.

AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER -> create connection between Integration Server ABAP stack with the J2EE stack.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you explain this in detail to understand the process ?

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at these links -

1. /people/thorsten.franz3/blog/2008/11/21/abap-calls-java-via-rfc-1-introduction

2. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

-->JRFC is used to connect the Java Stack and ABAP stack.

--> JRFC replaces the JCO for J2EE to ABAP connectivity.

If you refer the TBIT 40 you can get these details.

Thanks