cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple privilege assignments execute multiple CreateUserTasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have set up a CreateUserTask which has an "Send Passwort Mail"-Task in "Execute Task on OK result".

My procedure to create a user is quite simple: I go to the WebUI, use task "Create Identity" and (for testing) assign 2 privileges from the same ABAP-System it.

When the provisioning tasks start I can see in the JobLog that each job (SetTempAccountFlag, custom_SetPassword, CreateABAPUser, custom_SendEmail & custom_UnSetPassword) is executed twice (if I assign 5 privileges or a role which contains 5 privileges the jobs are run 5 times).

My problem is that the "Send Password Mail" task is also executed that many times, so the end user receives 2 (or 5) emails from the IdM system.

How can I implement the "Send Email" Task into my task chain so that it is executed only once?

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this issue on a prior project and I no longer have access to that system to say exactly how we solved it but off the top of my head is you sendmail task actually in the ordered group where your abap provisioning is executing? If so you may want to move it to the top ordered group and call in it on ok on the result tab.

The other thing you may want to do is set an audit flag for this system the first time it is provisioned and only have the e-mail go out if the flag isn't set.

Others may have more robust ideas on how to solve your problem but hopefully this will help.

Thanks,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

First my Task was part of the OrderedGroup "CreateABAPUser". Then I moved it to the task result action on OK, but it is still executed x times.

I made a copy of the SAP-PF for my purposes so you are able to follow my task-names and task-flow there.

I tried to use the on OK result in Task "ProvisionABAPAccountToSystem" but the email is sent twice (for two privilege-assignments). I can't go higher in the task-order because the next-level task would be ProvisionABAPUser which is executed too often.

So I will try to use Flags as you recommended - although I never used flags before and thus this will be a little tricky and confusing I suppose

Any other thougths are still welcome...

BR

Michael

Answers (0)