cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIgration and Upgarade Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDners,

My Current MDM Verison - MDM 5.5 SP06, Database - Oracle 10g, OS - Unix.

Now we are planning to migrate and Upgrade MDM Sytems

MDM version - MDM 7.1 SP01 Database - SQL Server 2008, OS - Microsoft Windows Server 2008.

Just any information for migration Databse and Operating systems or procedue.

ASAP.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

first - to ease up your life - you should consider upgrading to the latest MDM 7.1 release. That is currently SP3 whereas SP4 will be release most probably end of this or beginning next week.

Second, there is an [Upgrade Guide on Service Market Place|http://service.sap.com/installmdm71] that describes the upgrade from MDM 5.5 to 7.1.

Regarding the upgrade of the OS and Database, is it planned to use the same hardware? If not, you could setup the new servers first and ensure that the landscape is running as expected. Then you could archive your MDM repositories on 5.5, transfer the archived repositories to your new 7.1 landscape and perform the unarchive and upgrade on this platform.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Yes. It is planned to use same hardware. But only OS and Database are different.

Now My current setup is - DATABASE = Oracle10g, Operating System - Unix.

Upgrade setup was - DATABASE - SQL Server 2008, Operating System - Microsoft Windows Server 2008.

Hhow to migrate Repository data from MDM 5.5 SP06 to MDM 7.1.

If I archive the repository from MDM 5.5 SP06 and Unarchive in MDM 7.1 will it work?

Thanks

Kiran

former_member153023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

please follow the upgradation guide to know step by step procedure.It's self explanatory. When you install MDM 7.1 and unarchive the repository,you have to right click on repository and upgrade.

Reg,

Bis