cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple incoming certificates

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I've the following problem. We want to start register the incoming certificates for raw materials in SAP using advanced certificate processing.

I created a certificate type and assigned this to a material. I created a quality inforecod. So during goods receipt i can select if the certificate is present. This works all fine. But now we want to different certificates for one material. For example a certificate of analysis and a certificate of toxins.

What i've seen now is that the systems only allows you to create one type of certificate. You can create multiple certifcates for one PO manually, but this will all have the same certificate type. And it will only create one when letting the system create the certificate automatically.

What are the possibilities here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are none. SAP does not support multiple certificates.

I have done a crude work around using classification.

Some materials require multiple certifications from the vendors. I placed this info into the vendors classification (064?) and showed users how the cert dates could then be reviewed on a manual basis once a month to see which vendors had which certs expiring and needed to provide new cert numbers and expiration dates. Vendors with expired certs were then manually blocked. This is used in business where the vendor for instance needs to maintain certain licenses to repair and certify certain equipment.

In the case of multiple certs for incoming batches, I have created special cert types that indicate that two certs are required, (that info is in the description only).

Then in batch classification you set up a general characteristic for each cert required. Usually a charc type with the options of YES/NO. You can create a third characteristic called "ALL CERTS REC" and use an object dependency to set it. NO if any of the certs are missing, YES of all the certs are in. The cert characteristics are then updated manually using MSC2n when a batch is rec'd. The batch characteristics cn be forced to pop up at the time of GR when the batch is first created, thsu allowing the person doing the recipts to check off the certs rec'd. Once they are all check off as YES, the characteristic "ALL_CERTS_REC" automatically flips to YES.

You can then use a batch search strategy in production to only allow usage of batches where ALL_CERTS_REC is equal to YES.

You can use the various transactions in classification to list batches that are missing certs.

Craig