Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multipart mime in XI for attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not big on all the terminology, so please me nice

But in a discussion for B2B with a marketplace, the subject of recieving attachments came up and he asked if we could accept our attachments in Multipart mime. Now I know Binary and text of the attachment types, but I do not know how MIME format comes into play.

Any explanation or a simple, yes you can accept attachment in multipartr mime would be fine!

The adapter will be the HTTP adapter not an email adapter.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The HTTP adapter does not support multipart messages, but you can use the SOAP sender adapter in no-soap mode instead.

When the SOAP adapter receives a multipart message, it creates an attachment for each part. The first part becomes the main payload, the other parts become attachments.

The problem is, that most adapters can not work with attachments, so you need SOAP or Mail receiver adapter, Java or ABAP proxy to handle the attachments in receiver direction.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Do you know if one can recieve attachements with Rosettanet(RNIF 2.0) adapter?

Kind Regards,

Chris

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

To achevie what you wrote above -

"When the SOAP adapter receives a multipart message, it creates an attachment for each part. The first part becomes the main payload, the other parts become attachments."

Do we need to do any configurations in SOAP sender?

Regards,

Sunil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HTTP/1.0 uses many of the constructs defined for MIME, as defined in RFC 1521 [5].