cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Number of Pallets and Gross Weight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question on getting pallet numbers and gross weights in the delivery note. The customer needs the number of pallets and total gross weight to appear in the delivery note. The challenge here is we can not automatically detrmine the number of pallets as there is no guarantee as to how many small packs they put in one pallet. It may be 3 pallets for 100 items or sometimes 2. Finally the number of pallets must come in the same line as material in the delivery note. How can we capture this during delivery so that we can get this in the delivery note?

They also require gross weight of the pallet and the pallet will be weighed only after it is fully phsically packed. I can not get gross weight from the system based on the material master entries as they have to capture actual gross weight after the pallet is fully ready packed. Please let me know how do we capture gross weight into delivery.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot address this requirement in delivery. You need to develop a zee TCode in which you fetch basic datas like material code, quantity PGId, Per Pallet quantity and any other information you require. Parallely, create a zee table in which, whatever the end user keying in can be stored in this table.

Here you need to apply a logic in the program such that the per pack quantity should be either equal or less than the PGId quantity. Perhaps, you can make the PGId quantity as grey field so that nobody can change that.

If per pallet quantity is less than the PGId quantity, end user should hit enter button so that next line with the same material code should populate where again the balance quantity (PGId quantity minus per pallet quantity) should be maintained.

By this way, you can achieve the requirement and packing list can be generated from the above zee table.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explore the topic Handling unit management

IMG >>> Logistic genral >>> Handling unit mgt.

Consider you pallet numbers as Handling unit number,

Kapil