cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Colours in E-Recruitment Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been asked to change colours in E-Recruitment screens.

We are using ABAP Webdynpro for E Recruitment application.

Kindly guide me how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sridar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to research themes. This is the SAP provided way to change the look and feel of Web Dynpro applications. If your application runs in the NetWeaver Portal, then you can use the Portal Theme Editor. The WDA running in an iView in the Portal will automatically take on the Portal Theme. Here is the online help for portal themes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/fd5939c5de3c92e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

If you are running standalone, then you will need to use the Eclipse Based Theme Editor. This is an unsupported tool that can be downloaded from SDN. There is a sticky thread in this forum about it. This tool is basically the same as the Portal Theme Editor except it runs in Eclipse. You can then upload these themes back into your ABAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried changing all the options in Theme editor in SAP Portal.but the colour of WDA application is not getting changed.

Please guide me.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If your WDA iView is not picking up the portal theme when running within the portal, this can be caused by the release/support package level of your portal being older than that of your backend ABAP system. When the WDA iView uses the portal theme, it runs with MIMEs (CSS and JavaScript) served out by the portal and not the backend MIME repository. If these MIMEs are not at the same release level, this could cause rendering problems and JavaScript errors. Therefore the WDA runtime does a release level check and falls back to its own themes when this situation occurs. You have two choices if this is the case. One - update your portal so it is no longer at a lower release level than your back end system. Two - use the standalone theme editor and load your custom theme into the backend ABAP system.

Answers (0)