cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help in online interactive forms using ABAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Question 1:

I am able to get f4 help in online interactive form using ABAP. but after selecting the value from pop-up the value is not populated in PDF field. Can u help regardiing this.

Question 2:

I am able to get f4 help in online interactive form using value help dropdown, first time if i click the dropdown button it is showing the popup, if i click second time it is not showing the popup.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Could you please let me know how you got the F4 help working in you SAP interactive Forms by Adobe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my first try at getting F4 help into an interactive form, can anyone please provide or tell me where to find more detailed instructions on the process for beginners, thank you so much

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must maintain your WD context manually in this case.

Please refer to this thread: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/802f0ed1-a17a-2c10-7db4-d515a5b047ed

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I you are woking from the Web Dynpro for ABAP then after binding the Context variable in the view, and in the Adobe Layout Designer from the Library goto WebDynpro Native Tab and drag and drop the Value Help and for this automatically JavaScript is being generated, go that script and edit the line

Var fieldname = "yourfieldname";

Note: dont forget to link the context attribute to search help. ie. in the context properties of the attributes select the input help mode as dictionary search help and specify the name of the search help present in data dictionary.

And now go to Utilities and click on u201CInsert Web Dynpro Scriptu201D.

Also make sure that you specify the Layout as ZCI Layout in the Propertioes of the Adobe Form.

2. Only the Submit button , the Enumerated Drop-Down List as well as the Value help button from the Web Dynpro Native library of Adobe LiveCycle Designer are supported. Check SAP Note: 1098009

Regards

Pradeep Goli

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

F4 help is working fine. Thanks for your help

Thanks & regards,

krishna.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another problem in my online interactive form I am using a table,that table has 7columns in that 2 columns have dropdown value help. If i click the first columnfor value help its give the F4 help in the pop-up. but whenever if click the drop down button for the second column it is not giving f4 help. Suppose if click first time second column dropdown button its giveing F4 popup. but first column dropdown button not working. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As of new SAP release, the Value Help Drop Down id depreciated. Do check the SAP Note which I mentioned above. Also check you system for SPS release.

But when it comes to coding, I also faced this problem many times. I think it's better to use Enumarated Drop Down List. Try this one.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you very much for quick response and support. I have one more doubt I have searched so many posts in Forums but not yet I haven't get a solution can u please give me some information on below issue.

I have created online interactive form using ABAP for sales order creation. For handle multiple rows (line items in sales order) in sales order I implemented dynamic table (.i.e. Add button/Delete button). I am able to create a SO order with single line item. But if I entered multiple lines in PDF form only first row was updated in sales order.

Can you please help me regarding this?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

If you got chance to look at that SAP Note mentioned previously then you can know what features are supported and what not. Coming to Dynamic Tables they are not supported by WebDynpro ABAP Interactive Forms.

You can have work around for this like Otto mentioned is the solution. But coming to performance for every Add Row it need to call SAP system so its looks tidy and performance degrades. Other way is follow similar to the Document but statically add some no of rows like 40 or 50 or etc. And in form use scripting to delete those null table rows but it needs Expert scripting levels. And it gives slight edge to that document.

Note: But SAP Strictly recommends not to use Dynamic Tables or Scripting.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna.